Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the u joints in the drive shafts sealed? I greased them once but only put a pump in it not knowing if i was going to blow out the seals.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
They are sorta sealed. They should be greased way more often then BRP recommends. Most of us do them every other ride, that translates for me to 250-300 kms. If you a mud rider then best to do them after every ride. one pump if enough, some old grease can be seen escaping the seal. thats going to happen no matter when you ad grease.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Greasable joints have different seals in them than sealed joints do. Greasable joints have seals that permit flushing of any contaminants in the joint. This is two fold because if not serviced properly contaminants will also work their way into the joint. Anything that is greasable should be greased until fresh grease is spotted coming out of the seal, or in a universal joints case, all 4 seals.

·
Registered
450 Posts
They are sorta sealed. They should be greased way more often then BRP recommends. Most of us do them every other ride, that translates for me to 250-300 kms. If you a mud rider then best to do them after every ride. one pump if enough, some old grease can be seen escaping the seal. thats going to happen no matter when you ad grease.
I have made it a habit to wash my bike after every ride and re grease everything

1 - 4 of 4 Posts