Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Oxford blue 2022 Outlander 850 XT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys !
I didn't get an answer from Can Am parts guy regarding the compatibilty of their HD bolt kit and my new 2022. So I decided to check the parts diagrams from BRP to compare part numbers and different years.
Something caught my attention. 馃槼
The diagram shows a 2 nuts setup for my ride when I just have the "one bolt" setup 馃槼馃槼
What happened 馃
Which is better ?
Should I replace mine anyways as a precaution ?

Thanks
Luc

Font Line Circle Pattern Monochrome

Font Circle Pattern Monochrome Illustration

Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
Well, a studded/nut setup will always be better than a bolted setup, it would appear BRP is starting to figure out the issues with the TTY secondary bolt setup, and intended to equip your rig with a studded/locknut setup, it must've snuck through with the "old" bolt approach.

AFAIK, they'd been using studs in their SxS clutches for years, they must be making the transition to studs in the ATV's

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, a studded/nut setup will always be better than a bolted setup, it would appear BRP is starting to figure out the issues with the TTY secondary bolt setup, and intended to equip your rig with a studded/locknut setup, it must've snuck through with the "old" bolt approach.

AFAIK, they'd been using studs in their SxS clutches for years, they must be making the transition to studs in the ATV's
Should I leave it alone and "pray" 馃檮

Super Moderator
No you still have a tty bolt and although I have never had an issue with the tty bolts the hd bolts are nice insurance. I have been putting them in Can-Am outtys so when I have to pull clutches I dont have to order bolts. Can am parts guys bolts will fit yours.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No you still have a tty bolt and although I have never had an issue with the tty bolts the hd bolts are nice insurance. I have been putting them in Can-Am outtys so when I have to pull clutches I dont have to order bolts. Can am parts guys bolts will fit yours.
Thanks !
Will order the bolt kit then !
Appreciated 馃槈

1 - 5 of 5 Posts