Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,278 Posts
Welcome to the site

My local dealer tells me they do not service vehicles over 10 years old
That's a lame-ass copout way of saying "we've got too much business right now" or maybe they just can't find skilled technicians to keep up with the work.... you're talking about Hurricane Powersports?

What service are you referring to? A simple oil change? Or what?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the site

That's a lame-ass copout way of saying "we've got too much business right now" or maybe they just can't find skilled technicians to keep up with the work.... you're talking about Hurricane Powersports?

What service are you referring to? A simple oil change? Or what?
I need a rear tire changed. Haven't seen a complete video of tire change. Its what you don't know that causes the problems

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,278 Posts
That's not something any bike shop can do?

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,278 Posts
Yeah change a tire. Why is that a dealer-specific task?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah change a tire. Why is that a dealer-specific task?
This dealer sales can am, honda, kawasaki, yamaha, seadoo, cfmoto, and bobcat mowers and tractors as well as a complete marine department. I do think they are capable of many and any service needs. Is there anything I need to know about removing the rear wheel? I am a fair mechanic but 70 years old so not as nimble as i once was.

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,278 Posts
I didn't mean to mis-lead you, the next tire I pull off a Spyder will be the first tire I ever pull off a Spyder.

My query was much more general in nature. So your local BRP dealer says they don't want to work on your cycle, ok, nbd, right? Shouldn't any cycle shop be able to handle the task?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Checked with Honda, Harley and Kawasaki, No one will touch a Can Am. If I take the tire off everyone including car tire places will install the tir on the rim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts