Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Seems some are having issues with setting up the lights on the tuner.

Don't :th_smiliepullhair: It's not that hard, and takes all of 30 seconds to set this up.

Here is a good video of what it should look like for the 1000's. (THANK YOU TO NONOTHING FOR MAKING THIS VID)

****THIS ONLY APPLIES TO TUNES PROGRAMMED ON THE DIGITUNER BY MYSELF!!!!*****

All other digituners, dobek boxes, EJK's and their settings are variable and can be anywhere pending what base tune is loaded on the unit. DO NOT FOLLOW THESE SETTINGS!!!

Follow the instructions I give to you and set them up accordingly.

Any problems, my cell#'s on the sheet that came with the tuner.

John

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Great vid. Thanks for posting this, now I understand more clearly, heh heh heh.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Do you have prices for the canucks available? I am curious about the slip on and possibly the tuner?

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
I got one for our shop build. Shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I noticed he used the space under the seat to mount his on. Is this particularly a safe place to mount as in is stated in the paper work the unit is water resistant, not water proof. mine is wrapped up in a plastic bag to help prevent against water contact mounted up under the gauge pod.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
John I had my settings much higher than the video because when I let off the throttle I had significant exhaust popping giving the effect of leaning on the decel it also stumbled a little in mid range.. i only altered the 1-3 settings the 4/8 I left alone. Did u not have any of those issues?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I noticed he used the space under the seat to mount his on. Is this particularly a safe place to mount as in is stated in the paper work the unit is water resistant, not water proof. mine is wrapped up in a plastic bag to help prevent against water contact mounted up under the gauge pod.
IMO do not put them in a bag. I had a PCV on both of my last two bikes. Had them in a plastic container all siliconed the heck up with dry rice inside to soak up what moisture may get in there. IF, and I repeat "IF", you can keep absolutely all water out, then good. BUT...no matter how much silicone I used, riding deep a lot, water leaked in slowly. Because it goes in so slow, it can get out! Gets in, and causes problems. IMO best thing to do is silicone around all the plugs on the tuner (regardless of make) and then around the tuner casing itself. Then do not put it in anything. This way, when it does get wet, no big deal. Water does not "stay" in/on it. I did this with my PCV on last bike and it was much better than any container I could put it in. And I just did this on my Digituner and will be running it siliconed up and no case.

·
Registered
635 Posts
These settings dont apply for 2013 Renegade 1000 with your tuner do they John? I set mine just like in the video and runs horrible lol, so put it back to the preset.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ok lol, once i set the low setting and saw the throttle response, knew it couldnt be right lol. Is it normal to have a little exhaust pop/rumble when engine braking? Or should i adjust one of the ranges on the fuel tuner? Does it mostly while im engine braking, under 15mph. Have no quiet cores or spark arrestor installed if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I instlled my digitune last night and i cant figure out why im getting blinking green leds on the 1st and 8th positions. bike will run for about a min then shut off. then gives me check engine light, help?!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
EverythingBreaks
Can-Am ATV Forum
Can-Am Forum features the most comprehensive collection of Can-Am ATV information! Renegade, Outlander & MX, DS450 and more!
Full Forum Listing