Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2020 outlander Max XT. im in the market for a appropriately sized trailer to travel with. I seem to be getting some conflicting information on the size of trailer ill need. Would a 5x8 be big enough. Would I need wider?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m going to give my thoughts here, 5x10 or 6x10. The reason being it will allow you to mount a tool box for your trail stuff, tools and storage for your tie down straps. You can also carry extra gas on the trailer And save your truck

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,566 Posts
Wider? No, that bikes, what, 4' wide?

But the saying goes "get the biggest trailer you feel comfortable towing/can afford, you'll ALWAYS find a use for the extra space"

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,566 Posts
That's wheelbase you're confusing for width.

·
Registered
332 Posts
5x10 is fine. 8' is very closer to the length of the bike and I'd rather have some extra room if it were me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a PJ 8814, so I can side load or load front to back. Also haul my buddy’s ATV from time to time and wanted the extra length so I can add another ATV without upgrading the trailer at the same time.

·
Registered
591 Posts
i would go 6x10. this way you have the width to walk around your machine and add anchor points, and the length to add gas cans, coolers, and other riding gear

1 - 9 of 9 Posts