Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Outlander 800 X XC. I want to add skid plates and a snow plow, a arm guards in particular. I'll be riding in the winter a lot and was wondering if adding full skids would help keep snow out of the A-arms and cv boots, or if it would just trap it in? In central WI there isn't much rock crawling happening... so I'm debating on a UMH type plastic skid vs. a ricochet skid vs. can-am skids... I'm also looking to add a plow which seems like with a little creativity isn't a big big deal with any of those combinations... thoughts?!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Skids do help in the snow, but they do trap snow. I ride ricochet skids, a buddy attached umh compound to the bottom of his ricochet skids. He can slide through the snow much better than I can. We ride all season in Michigan and those that do the deep stuff run skids. We also clean out the snow afte each stopping to keep cv boots from getting ripped by the glacier formations caused by melting snow freezing.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I just bought a Outlander 800 X XC. I want to add skid plates and a snow plow, a arm guards in particular. I'll be riding in the winter a lot and was wondering if adding full skids would help keep snow out of the A-arms and cv boots, or if it would just trap it in? In central WI there isn't much rock crawling happening... so I'm debating on a UMH type plastic skid vs. a ricochet skid vs. can-am skids... I'm also looking to add a plow which seems like with a little creativity isn't a big big deal with any of those combinations... thoughts?!
bought my xxc last december,,loved it in the snow,,with the stock brp aluminum skid and plastic cv guards,,,,easy to clean snow out,,,,the aluminum cv guards trap alot of snow,,,pita to clean out before it freezes..but run the richocets the rest of the time

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.