Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I knew that I didn't want to run the 30" silver backs on my new 1K XMR.

So I found a buyer and sold them, figuring I would just buy some 29.5 OL2 wides and be happy. Well who knew that these tires are in so much demand that THEYRE GONE! :th_smiliefrustrated

So after looking and looking my local dealer told me he has some 31s and would give them to me for the same price as his wide OL2s, I have bought so many tires from this guy its ridiculous lol

Heres my worry though, I know that the OL2 will clear with no lift and no cutting. What about a 31 S/W? I know that putting a lift on it would do more harm than good with the rear acting like a SRA with a lift (pulling the tire more forward)

Does anyone have any advice?
I will but the forward arms and extended trailing arms later, but right now I don't have another 1000 for those parts, just need tires for Mud NATS as it is right around the corner

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
29.5 OL2 are already heavier than 30in silverbacks. Going to 31's OL2 will be even heavier! Plus if you go that route, you may have to reclutch it along with fixing broken parts....I'd look at getting original outlaws.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know they're heavier. Eventually Im going to be upgrading the Clutches along with probably a 4" lift. I had 31s in SW and all wide on my last bike, I love 31s.

I dont "hot rod" or thumb the throttle like most can am riders I know or see. I just like going slow through holes and taking my time. If I break something then thats ok to, Ill upgrade whatever I break.

It just seems silly to drop 800-900 on some tires that I will have to take a decent hit on price wise when I decide to get the 31s, not to mention I can't find any OL2s in stock anywhere, and if I do they're the same price as the 31s.

Im more or less trying to figure out if I should go with a 2" lift to get more clearance or not

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh and actually the 31s are actually lighter than the OL2s, I guess because of the sidewall lug on the 2s.

That I didn't expect, obviously they're still heavier than the 30" back, but the 30" back runs short and I don't feel that it grabs like an outlaw.

Now my old 32" backs, well they would grab anything and everything! They were amazing

·
Registered
200 Posts
31 will clear. The 29.5 ol2 is just about as tall as a 31 og

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 31s do "fit" but will require maybe 1/2" trimmed off the rear of the footwells. The front seems to clear, not 100% on suspension compressed and turning fully

1 - 6 of 6 Posts