Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Is there a way to buy the brp snorkel kit is sections? I just want the piece to extend the cvt exhaust to the pod... Thanks

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Buy the required parts from an xmr, look at the parts fiche on brp's site to figure out what you need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. Thanks guys. Worth a try. A factory piece would look a lot nicer then PVC

·
Registered
312 Posts
BRP makes a factory snorkel kit, some don't like the looks or the price but its a complete and well put together kit.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'll post some pics when I start my snorkels. $300 plus for a kit that still needs some work and/or look cheap isn't for me. I'm not sure y canam guys don't build more of there own. Every other brand riders do. I got most of what I need for about $65.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'll post some pics when I start my snorkels. $300 plus for a kit that still needs some work and/or look cheap isn't for me. I'm not sure y canam guys don't build more of there own. Every other brand riders do. I got most of what I need for about $65.
Because some guys don't want to look like Rednecks.

·
Registered
225 Posts
How would u look like a redneck? The brp looks so crappy how it comes up. The stacks looks shitty to me. Nice 2" pipes looks better to me if done right. And many built canams I see with custom snorkels I meant on this site no one seams to know how that's y I was goin to make a thread but seams like most have there minds up on these kits. And being from Alberta redneck is your area so u would blend right in! Haha

·
Registered
48 Posts
We clearly have different opinions on what looks good and what doesn't. I think Canamxtp picture above is one of the nicest looking machines around. Only reason if I would go with pipe is if I need more height.

·
Registered
312 Posts
How would u look like a redneck? The brp looks so crappy how it comes up. The stacks looks shitty to me. Nice 2" pipes looks better to me if done right. And many built canams I see with custom snorkels I meant on this site no one seams to know how that's y I was goin to make a thread but seams like most have there minds up on these kits. And being from Alberta redneck is your area so u would blend right in! Haha
Main reason I went with the BRP kit is because the bike still had 3 years worth of warranty left when I purchased it, I don't mind the looks of it with the rad kit and its a very complete kit that leaves no guess work. I've got the better part of 20 grand tied up into this bike and I just couldn't see myself drilling a bunch of holes and sticking a bunch of $2 elbows and 45's from home depot on it, I don't ride real deep water and I just wanted some added piece of mind with the kit. I'll stick with the boat or the seadoo for the deep water stuff

·
Registered
932 Posts
One thing about the BRP snorkel; it may be more pricey to buy, but I bet it would not depreciate the machine as much as most aftermarkets when it comes time to sell. It may or not be a better product, but because its BRP, I would be more inclined to believe that the engineering would make for a better fit. The finished look of the BRP snorkel blends nicely with the rest of the bike.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I know the brp kit is expensive, but in Minnesota you can only go 6" above stock intake height for a snorkel. So using the brp kit looks factory and the local dnr leaves us alone them. I have installed two brp kits now on some friends canam 1000 and they fit really nice. But they are $$$$.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yea, its money. But its also doesnt require a ton of modification..... The only 2 pieces you have to cut are the pod and the pod support. If you wanted to put it back to factory, you still have all the factory pieces and you would just have to buy the $20 pod. You still have the factory CVT exhaust and intake and you also have the factory intake pipe, since you dont have to cut any of them.
It does look funny on its own but when combined with the factory rad kit, which I dont think many people would argue is the cleanest looking kit, does not look out of place.
The factory kit is very well thought out and places all the pieces where they are not protruding to push out any of the plastics.

·
Registered
120 Posts
To each their own but I personally think the BRP kit looks hideous.... I don't understand how they can design everything else to look so damn good, and then stick that stupid dong coming out of the pod. Properly done pvc looks way more bad ass than that donkey dong BRP came out with lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse my fat finger syndrome.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I bought the xmr cvt exhaust extension and the right & left ears for the gauge pod approx $85 CND last year.

Plan to gear it up this spring. I'll re-rout the cvt intake and exhaust under the pod so no one can see my work. My main goal is to get the cvt exhaust up to the pod. If I wanted to ride across lakes I'd get a boat but this will help crossing rivers or the odd deep hole.

Attachments

Reactions: topdogg303

·
Registered
225 Posts
Main reason I went with the BRP kit is because the bike still had 3 years worth of warranty left when I purchased it, I don't mind the looks of it with the rad kit and its a very complete kit that leaves no guess work. I've got the better part of 20 grand tied up into this bike and I just couldn't see myself drilling a bunch of holes and sticking a bunch of $2 elbows and 45's from home depot on it, I don't ride real deep water and I just wanted some added piece of mind with the kit. I'll stick with the boat or the seadoo for the deep water stuff
$2 elbows what do u think the brp kit is? Cheap plastic. PVC would be stronger and as for looks I guess to each their own. I see y people would buy the kit but amazed no one does custom snorkels on here.

Reactions: BLinindoll

·
Registered
48 Posts

$2 elbows what do u think the brp kit is? Cheap plastic. PVC would be stronger and as for looks I guess to each their own. I see y people would buy the kit but amazed no one does custom snorkels on here.
That's fine, but give it a break. The OP asked about extending his BRP snorkel kit. He didn't want to be questioned why he wasted his money on a crappy looking BRP kit.

How would you feel if you started a thread and spend $$ and hours of labor to build your own kit and someone bad mouths it.

Plenty of guys on this forum that have been doing there own snorkels probably before you were born. Why you keep putting forum members down.

·
Registered
312 Posts

Its injection moulded plastic, designed for my bike by the company that made it. There's no other parts pushing on it or interfering with it, no need to be 1/8" thick material. It's not various hardware store fittings that should be in the walls of your house. I would assume most don't go the custom route because the BRP kit fulfills most of thier needs except for the guys that like to go real deep.

Aside from Arctic Cat I don't think any other manufacturer makes or has a snorkel kit on their bikes. I'm sure if more of them stepped up to the plate you'd see a lot less of the custom setups out there. some of the setups look ok with scd 40 PVC fittings but the 2ft tall ABS ones that's are zip tied together look a bit ridiculous on almost anything.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Again I didn't say the kit was junk or a waste just pricey and I'm not the only one who said it so not sure how I'm putting anyone down. Just asked y more haven't tried custom. Great kit I'm sure. I'd buy one if it was $100

1 - 20 of 30 Posts