Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to to mudding but also have wife and 2 yr old that will want to ride ..2019 renegade xmr 570,2020 oulander 650,850, 2020 Outlander xmr 570

·
Registered
75 Posts
If your going to have a passenger ie the wife. I'd go with an outlander 850 Max for the seat. Then snorkle it and move the radiator up for the mud part.

·
Registered
2020 outlander max xt 1000
69 Posts
I’m new to the can am world but can you not put a seat on a xmr?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your going to have a passenger ie the wife. I'd go with an outlander 850 Max for the seat. Then snorkle it and move the radiator up for the mud part.
If the seat isnt a big issue would the 650 be enough. The dealership we have here in valdosta doesn't have but the base models and one 850xt. With them on all we would be doing is joyriding. How much average is maintenance. Thanks for your advice. Also is there a heat problem with the new models

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Only xmr available in the “max chassis” is the 1000.

If your doing just “joy riding” I don’t recommend an xmr. Consider an xt or xtp

·
Registered
181 Posts
Dont just buy what the dealer wants to get rid of, buy what suits you. If you want a passenger that can legally ride buy a max model, you probably could get away with a 570 or 650. If you are going to ride 3 people you need a sxs.

I bought a max for my wife to ride, first trip she wants to drive herself. Now she has a rzr and drives my 5yr old.

·
Registered
181 Posts
As far as maintaining, I dont know what basic maintenance costs at the dealership. I do most things myself. You can do a oil change for about 25 dollars. If you use Rotella that most use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dont just buy what the dealer wants to get rid of, buy what suits you. If you want a passenger that can legally ride buy a max model, you probably could get away with a 570 or 650. If you are going to ride 3 people you need a sxs.

I bought a max for my wife to ride, first trip she wants to drive herself. Now she has a rzr and drives my 5yr old.
Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
I buy the oil change kit from my dealer... it was about the same price as i could go buy a just of rotella T6, filter, and o ring...

·
Registered
608 Posts
For "family type" riding that you are describing, you need a side by side. I wouldn't even think of putting a 2 year old on an ATV... anything could happen. Sure "anything could happen" on a side by side as well, but way less chance, + the kid will be strapped into a baby seat.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Oh really around here those kits are like 50+, I can do 3 oil changes with the rotella and a k&n oil filter for a hair over 50

1 - 12 of 12 Posts