Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my atv sat in the garage all winter long and I never drove it. Got on it the other day and the front brakes are real soft now and barely work. I can pull the brake lever pretty much to the bars before I get anything out of them. When I parked it last everything worked fine. Why would they become spongy after sitting all winter?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
might have a leak and your down on fluid or maybe the fluid has absorbed moisture. Check your reservoir level.

·
Registered
570 Posts
After my Outty sits for 2 weeks, the brake lever goes to the bar until they get pumped up. I better check it out.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Old brake fluid is junk .
I change mine every 2/3 years on the bikes & sled & around 5 years in the vehicles .

·
Registered
933 Posts
Old brake fluid is junk .
I change mine every 2/3 years on the bikes & sled & around 5 years in the vehicles .
Haven't done this on the bike. Is it as simple as opening up one bleeder at a time, pumping, and filling?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just had the same problem on my quad. I had to bleed the brakes and found a lot of air in the front brakes and moisture in the rear brake reservoir. Not sure how the air got in there as I cant find any leaks. Maybe last time when I cleaned the front calipers out because I did use some air to blow the dirt out. New fluid seemed to help my problem. The brakes are working good now but I haven't had a chance to put some miles on yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts