Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just ordered new plugs for my outlander. I looked up the part and I came back with NGK 93444 LMAR8D-J

My question is, are these pre gapped? If not what do i gap them to?

Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
will be in your operators manual

·
Registered
Outlander 1000 XMR Outlander 650 XMR
156 Posts
Doesn’t hurt to check them, but they’re usually good out of the box.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Just a reminder, keep an eye on the front spark plug wire. It is close to the header and mine finally melted the protective cover. Had to replace the whole wire and plug.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey everyone,

I just ordered new plugs for my outlander. I looked up the part and I came back with NGK 93444 LMAR8D-J

My question is, are these pre gapped? If not what do i gap them to?

Thanks
Born2atv , I too replaced the 1 spark plug on my 2018 850 Outlander xt it only had 1 plug and was gapped right out of the box, the issue was it is an act of god to get to I swear they build the atv around the plug lol.
Anyway took about 40 min to change but made a huge difference in performance
You said you ordered 2 , wonder if you have a different model

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander MAX XT 650
168 Posts
Born2atv , I too replaced the 1 spark plug on my 2018 850 Outlander xt it only had 1 plug and was gapped right out of the box, the issue was it is an act of god to get to I swear they build the atv around the plug lol.
The 850 is a twin-V engine. It has 2 cylinders so 2 spark plugs. One towards the front and one towards the rear. You must've changed the rear one.

Reactions: MontanaCanAm

·
Registered
906 Posts
I change the back plug too, as stated the front need the plug wire too. I also put a extra heat rap on the front plug wire. I also had to replace the vent tube that runs from air box to engine crank area. It is in the same general area, near the front header pipe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The 850 is a twin-V engine. It has 2 cylinders so 2 spark plugs. One towards the front and one towards the rear. You must've changed the rear one.
I thought the same thing and argued with the parts guy but he insisted on only 1 on the atv
So I left with 1 and replaced the front one , now I am going to investigate the answer , if your correct TY Xserver for info

·
Registered
298 Posts
I thought the same thing and argued with the parts guy but he insisted on only 1 on the atv
So I left with 1 and replaced the front one , now I am going to investigate the answer , if your correct TY Xserver for info
Big clue is it says v-twin on the side of the engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts