Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 can am outlander 400. I drove it this morning and i did great. An hour later i drove it the speedometer wasent working . I mean looked completely dead. Except the oil light was on. Any ideas? And is there a way to check oil pressure? When the guage worked the oil light never came on. By the way i left the quad in the rain last night. Maybe part of the problem?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Made shure of a good connection. And checked speed sensor. The problem is it dosent show 0. it dosent light up at all. I found a wire going to it and it had 12 volts going to it. Mabe bad speedo?? Any body know where one is for a 06 ? it is digital without gas gage. I pulled the valve cover and is getting oil good so maybe oil pressure is good.:th_smiliepullhair:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i notice the speed omiter lights up red with the head lights on. But no speed or zero. Is there a plug anywhere else other than behind the pod?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok i notice the speed omiter lights up red with the head lights on. But no speed or zero. Is there a plug anywhere else other than behind the pod?
Mine is doing the same thing what did you find out was the problem

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing what did you find out was the problem
clean or replace speed sensor. make sure battery is charged and good and that the connections are tight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It was working fine Sunday it sat out Sunday night and Monday it has nothing on but oil light is on I took it out and apart and it's all still dry battery is tight I will pull speed sensor and clean it tomorrow fuses are good up front book doesn't mention another fuse block any where else. It still runs fine just no display on dash

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine is now doing the same thing. Warning lights work but the speedometer doesn't move from 0 and I took at 12 mile ride today and the odometer didn't move nor did the hour meter.
I have cleaned the speed sensor, checked fuses, and checked connection to the digital display.

What else do I need to do before paying someone to look at it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had a bad speed sensor. Hours meter worked but but didn’t read mph, trip meter was 0 along with odometer. Download the shop manual it has the procedure for checking it.
you said it happened after it rained. Wonder if moisture got inside the circuit board. I would pull it out and apart to check

1 - 11 of 11 Posts