Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, wasn’t sure where to post this..
I have a 2020 570 outlander max xt, just under 300 miles and 48 hours. Been loving this machine, but recently it has gotten very “squeaky” over bumps. It seems to be suspension, not steering. Last outing I did drive through some water. I greased it an extra time (14 points) and spray lubed the outside of all visible suspension parts, to no avail… any advice?

·
Registered
2020 Outlander DPS 850, 2016 Outlander Max XT 1000R
63 Posts
You can try spraying the top and bottom of the springs in the shocks and working them back and forth with the spring tension adjustment tool. Or lubing the shock attachment points requiring you pull each bolt top and bottom.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can try spraying the top and bottom of the springs in the shocks and working them back and forth with the spring tension adjustment tool. Or lubing the shock attachment points requiring you pull each bolt top and bottom.
Well I sprayed that all and bounced it and sprayed it again, it made approximately no difference. I also regreased the crap out of it… same

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Well I would say you need to think about changing your bushings to Garage Product. You will love the difference. My 2014 was the same and Garage Product Bushing Kit was well worth it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well I would say you need to think about changing your bushings to Garage Product. You will love the difference. My 2014 was the same and Garage Product Bushing Kit was well worth it.
oh I see. Seems kinda wrong to have to spend hundreds of dollars (and the work) on a one year old machine, doesn’t it?

·
Registered
2017 Can-Am Outlander 570 Pro
174 Posts
shock mounts spray with WD 40 once in a while or grease them

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would take the advice and just do the upgrade. You won’t regret it.

This is what the inside of the oem d bushingslook like with 850km and greased every second ride.
Wood Gas Auto part Personal protective equipment Metal

Automotive tire Wood Artifact Rectangle Gas

Automotive tire Wood Artifact Automotive wheel system Gas

This is a good example of what the link bushings look like; all kinds of goodness gets in there and the grease doesn’t get to where it needs to in whatever can am calls this oem disappointment …

Tire Automotive tire Wood Tread Synthetic rubber

1 - 11 of 11 Posts