Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was at mudfest over the weekend and had a blast but there was a few times that I went to start my wheeler and the display lights up and it was eather in park or neutral but she didn't crank when I hit the start button, not even click. if I kept cycling the key I could get it to fire up, it did it a hand full of times but now its fine, I checked the fuses and relays that are in the sealed box under the pod but everything was dry. battery connections are tight and clean. bike only has 14hrs on it now

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 2012 - I'd turn the key, hear the fuel pump prime, hit the start button, and the pump would prime again (the starter would not engage at all). I inadvertently discovered that if I play around with the kill switch, it would stop acting up for a little while (I have almost never used the kill switch - so its now seized right up).
I ordered a new switch kill switch, rev\acs, start button assembly (comes as a unit with the harness) - problem solved.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Your ignition switch is dirty/corroded, pull it apart, clean it and lube it with dielectric grease. Watch the two little springs that will try to pop out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts