Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone hopefully this is the right place to ask this question. 2016 outlander 570 with power steering. Had the battery die and replaced with a new one but after about 8-10 miles down the trail we got a check engine light and a low voltage message along with all kinds of other crazy messages coming across the screen. We stopped and charged it for about 10 minutes and got another 1-3 miles (we had to do this several times). Only thing I could think of that would cause this is the sator went bad. Now I'm also reading that it could be the regulator or even fuses? Not finding alot of info for anything other than 2007-2008 bikes so figured I'd try here and see what you guys think. We got another trip coming up in a couple weeks and want to have it up and running by then. Sorry for the book but I wanted to give as much info as possible. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,788 Posts
Welcome to the site, @Austin D, we'd rather an overkill of symptoms, than just a few words ;) we're not clairvoyant :p

It is much more likely that your VR went bad, than the stator. That's just what we've seen over the years. But testing the respective outputs of each is fairly simply done, and will confirm which is your culprit.

The stator has to "start" the energy flow, if it's not putting anything out, the VR has nothing to work with. But if it's operating to spec, then the issue kinda has to be the VR, there's not a whole lot to the charging systems on these bikes.

Download your service manual for the particulars ---> Manuals free online

1 - 2 of 2 Posts