Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the stock center skid plate? I have all the nuts and bolts removed but the front seems to be pinched between the front of the frame and the front plate that the winch fair lead is attached. Its in there tight enough that it will break instead of come out if I pull it any harder.

·
Registered
825 Posts
BEWARE THE DISAPPEARING CAN AM front bash plate bolts !

iirc, I had to remove the two bolts, either side of the fairlead
I was tinkering around. Under my outty today with one front wheel off. I saw a bunch of crud: small rocks, bits of peat, Lil branches etc left in there around the front CanAm ALUMINUM bash plate I added last season..this is the FRONT piece only, about 2ft long. Last Summer, It took a while to install, having had to remove the fairlead and A arm bolts (4) to get it in there over the OEM sh*tty plastic one. Two new bolts nexto the fairlead and two more running UP from below thru the metal belly/frame just behind the front differential held it in place..BUT today, I discovered that only the FRONT two bolts were still there..the REAR TWO OEM bolts that came with it had disappeared.. It was hanging down about 2" at the back. Nothing untoward had happened but I'm glad that I found it before it FELL OFF.. I cleaned out the crap, added two replacement 3/16 x 1.5" bolts with washers and NYLOC nuts and cranked them down. These should stay..unless the heads shear off..

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts