Can-Am ATV Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I know it sounds crazy but some of us enjoy the details and don't get lost in the sauce. I certainly didn't mean to confuse anyone. Just stating a point of view. I guess the level of importance of what one feels is important is relative - I don't bend my belts backward - that's just one opinion.
i am in the details camp. the more you know, you know; ya know? 😆😆😆

Part of the fun for me is just staring at my stuff and figuring out how to improve and optimize my load list.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Yeah
That would be interesting. It is different when one is alone, far from home and have to get themselves out of trouble without help.
Yea! I am definitely going to do this. Im in the process of reorganizing my stuff; taking things out and putting things in. Will be a new thread when it happens.

I had this bad idea to make a YouTube channel and have a video of my kit already but it isn’t published because my wife laughed at my country bumpkin kid in me and who has the time for this…

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
Curious as to what you do to secure your atv while away from it aside from the obvious take the key. do you tarp it? what zone are you fishing in?
First thing; a man never gives away the location of his honey holes…but nice try! 😆

As for security of the bike I use this.

Automotive tire Bicycle part Gas Auto part Wire

The top is a simple cable lock. I wrap that through the front rim, brake disc and shock spring. If I can I try to wrap it around a tree too. I make sure the yellow bit is clearly visible to keep the real honest folks from destroying anything.

the bottom bit is kryptonite bicycle lock. I Jimmy this through the rear tire and brake disc as shown below. The bike will still roll but only a couple feet and then your either busting the rim or leaving a skid mark all the way to your thieving house…

Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Tread Tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

if a bandit brought an angle grinder there isn’t much you can do…in that case I carry full insurance and I keep an itemized list of my cargo at home with pictures for insurance purpose.

I am eventually also going to buy a deer camera.
I usually leave my stihl at home if I know I’m too to be far from the bike, otherwise I take it off the chainsaw mount and cable lock with the front tire.

for my gear I have locking homemade boxes.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Wood Automotive design Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle White Hood Automotive tire Light

if none of that is enough, then clearly folks want my shit and there isn’t anythingI can do.

edit I forgot to say the first step is to stash it in the trees where it can’t be seen

41 - 45 of 45 Posts