Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to the folks at straightline when I ordered my exhaust. They were saying that the newer ITC throttled rigs don't need fuel programmers or need the ecu's flashed, saying the new fuel mapping is better. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I was going to get it tuned but if I can save the cash I will. I'm not a hard core rider but do like like toys to run their best. I have a vmax motorcycle that I had dyno tuned (same guy that was going to do my outlander) but on that I replaced the full system including the cats. FYI, he was able to squeak 200HP out at the rear wheel.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,287 Posts
I don't think its even as cut-n-dry as saying "the new ITC rigs", I think it goes back into even the ~17-18 year models, that BRP did so much better a job mapping the A/F ratios, as opposed to their first few years in response to the EPA's regulations. As far as I can think to remember, the excessive heat complaints seem to follow the mid-teens machines much more than the last few years.

Reactions: mighty

·
Registered
425 Posts
I had a 2018 XXC 1000 and it was hot as hell. Much much better after exhaust and tune and I had a PCV. I'd say if you get an exhaust have your ECU reflashed at least. If you plan to modify it more get a Power Vision 3.

Reactions: BombardierBomb

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the exhaust. This is a quality piece plus the sound is awesome, deep and mean. I'm really pleased that I chose Straightline. On to my tuner now.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Got the exhaust. This is a quality piece plus the sound is awesome, deep and mean. I'm really pleased that I chose Straightline. On to my tuner now.
Congrats man!! I was really really close to going that route myself but opted for the Yoshi again because I loved it on my last bike. Just installed mine recently and it fits the XMR with minimal modification. Very happy myself.

·
Registered
2020 outlander max xt 1000
157 Posts
Love my straightline performance pipe, good choice 👍🏻

1 - 6 of 6 Posts