Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripped rear diff gears :(

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  DreamState 
#1 ·
Went to Woodpecker mud bogs yesterday and somehow stripped the gears in the rear diff. Must have cracked some teeth on the pinnion at some point and they gave out in a small shallow water crossing. Sucks, last year I broke the front diff (cracked housing and everything) This year the rear, but housing looks intact from what I can see. Still have to remove it and look inside to see the extent of the damage. If it's not too bad would you guys recommend rebuilding it or replacing it. Saw a possibility of upgrading it, anyone have any experience with mudnwheels? How much does one of his diffs run?

#2 ·
Finally took it out. Guess I'll be shipping it to mudnwheels to be rebuild and beefed up to their torque series diff.

Attachments

#3 ·
Post pics when u get it back...interested to see what mudnwheels does different to make their diffs stronger...

#4 ·
^^^Ditto^^^and a cost :th_smiliethumbsup:

#5 ·
Not sure of I'm going to take it apart or not when I get it. I believe the price is 800 plus shipping to Canada.

#6 ·
That's not too hateful.

#7 ·
Around the same price as a new stock one.

#8 ·
Just an update. Have a few hundred miles on it so far and no issues yet. Spinning the input shaft had a nice "vrrrr" sound instead of a loose clink clink sound that the factory one had. In other words the gear mesh sounded much better.

Reactions: Spawn
#10 ·
I don't think so but you can ask. Just message mudnwheels on Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.