Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, have an outy 800 xt. Brand new motor, when it gets hot it studders, back fires, and sometimes even dies only when hot. Runs mint while cold. Can’t seem to diagnose the issue. Any ideas on what it could be or where I should be looking. Assuming has something todo with the fuel pump.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, have an outy 800 xt. Brand new motor, when it gets hot it studders, back fires, and sometimes even dies only when hot. Runs mint while cold. Can’t seem to diagnose the issue. Any ideas on what it could be or where I should be looking. Assuming has something todo with the fuel pump.
try spraying your rad with a garden hose until clean water comes through it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try spraying your rad with a garden hose until clean water comes through it
Rads clean and relocated. Flushed coolant and re bled the system. Still having the same issue. Thinking the fuel pump may be bad and getting to hot.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Usually and saying usually, this a sign of a fuel pump getting tired. Happened to a friend last year when we made a long ride and getting worse as the fuel tank got low (low fuel = hotter fuel). Filling it cooled it and ran fine until getting lower and lower again. Refueling fixed it temporarily for us.

Not saying it is the pump !
It's a pretty good sign !
Good luck
Luc
Canada

Reactions: Jungleman

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,566 Posts
I was going to offer up the IAT/P sensor, but then you should get a code or something, so yeah, I'm also eying the fuel pressure being the culprit here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts