Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got it in and installed. Will post some more pics when bike is completely back together. Waiting on radiator relocation kit now. Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire All-terrain vehicle All-terrain vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Bumper

·
Registered
444 Posts
Looks good ! I like the idea of the rear axle boot protectors built into the rear arms. What axles came with it?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm glad they are like the g1 arms. I was seriously tired of replacing boots. It comes with rhino axles

·
Registered
444 Posts
Awesome , might have to sell my 4"Catvos and get 6" superatv lift.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do you go about breaking in the axles?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I am not 100% on the break in on the axles but I believe you drive it until the joints start to get warm, once warm let them cool down . Repeat several times.

I am sure someone will chime in

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I didn't plan on running it hard from the get go. This is my first big lift so all new to me. I usually just get on something and ride it. Have always went by break it in like you ride and has always seemed to work with engine builds and what not.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I am not 100% on the break in on the axles but I believe you drive it until the joints start to get warm, once warm let them cool down . Repeat several times.

I am sure someone will chime in
You are correct. I have turner axles...they take a little longer to break in. Not sure about the Rhinos

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I have a problem. I backed it off the trailer today and the rear axles popped out. Maybe they didn't seat good? Any other ideas? I did leave my spring spacers on with the lift. Could this be an issue?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Spring spacers could be the problem. Take them out and see if axles stay in. If so leave them out.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking that but wasn't sure since my stocks never popped out.

·
Registered
444 Posts
So I have a problem. I backed it off the trailer today and the rear axles popped out. Maybe they didn't seat good? Any other ideas? I did leave my spring spacers on with the lift. Could this be an issue?
Did the rhino axles come with the seal protectors on them or did you have to take them off your stock axles and put them on?

I have seen were that dust shield is to far inbound and doesn't let the axle seat properly in the diff. Easy fix if it is this

I would also call super atv just in case maybe you might have to shim the axles . My opinion you shouldn't have to though .

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It came with new dust shields. I was able to pop them back in without taking anything apart but I am gonna take it apart one day and see if something else is wrong there. I may just remove the dust shield all together along with the spring spacers. The fronts seem to be staying in fine

·
Registered
444 Posts
I would give superatv a call spring spacer shouldn't affect it . My catvos lift have them in it, I know different lift but again when you use a pipe lift your still keeping the geometry of the suspension the same

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got off the phone with them. They're saying it's the spacers that I'm the first to call about the axles popping out. Guess I will take them off when I have time and give it another go

·
Registered
444 Posts
Well give it a try see what happens, wonder why the fronts haven't poped then to. At least it's a easy fix

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this is going awhile back now, but, any update? Shopping around for a lift for my 12 renegade. Having a hard time to justify paying for a Catvos lift. The exchange rate is a killer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts