Can-Am ATV Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Admin
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
1,988 Posts
Had to change bulb on mine at the dealer when I got it Feb 26 2020. I could have sworn it was the blade style bulb. Just checked and it is the 2057.

Reactions: Zeek

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Xtp 1000r
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Had to change bulb on mine at the dealer when I got it Feb 26 2020. I could have sworn it was the blade style bulb. Just checked and it is the 2057.
Ok good I wanted to make sure i wasn't crazy. I'm like there's no way the blade style fits in this socket. Regardless I've got the 1157 "style" led bulbs on the way, hope they last longer. Thanks guys for all your help.

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
6,698 Posts

I just crossed this bridge looking for the "correct" bulb for my Mav. I didn't get too far off into the weeds, but there's something about the 1157 that's "close but not quite" an exact fit. The 7528 bulb is the one to go with.

·
Registered
674 Posts

I just crossed this bridge looking for the "correct" bulb for my Mav. I didn't get too far off into the weeds, but there's something about the 1157 that's "close but not quite" an exact fit. The 7528 bulb is the one to go with.
Yup thats totally what I found too...It goes in and turns nice but doesn't line up with the bottom tabs quite right...Good you have the bulb number,I sold that bike and couldn't get it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I've already replaced my rear left tail light once and it's burnt out again. And it's not just the filament it's gotten so hot the actual bulb gets brittle and breaks. I have to take needle nose pliers to get it out. I can't find anything in the the wiring harness that's shorting out. Right tail light is fine haven't touched it since new. Only have like 300 miles on the machine, 2021 outlander 1000 xtp. Anyone else have issues blowing bulbs?
It's getting wet.
It sounds like somehow water is getting inside and making contact with the glass bulb which will shatter the glass bulbs get extremely hot.
Same thing happens to Boat trailers when the owner laughs a Boat with the trailer lights still connected to the Truck.
You can also try an LED bulb.

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Xtp 1000r
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
It's getting wet.
It sounds like somehow water is getting inside and making contact with the glass bulb which will shatter the glass bulbs get extremely hot.
Same thing happens to Boat trailers when the owner laughs a Boat with the trailer lights still connected to the Truck.
You can also try an LED bulb.
Way ahead of you on that one. Installed led's the other day and I'm riding up the hill to hit the trails. I start getting a brake error and flashing light on the display and engine starts cutting out. Let off the gas and it goes away. Happened like 3 more times before getting to the trail. I notice the left led isn't on pull the socket. It was on when I left. Give it a bit of a twist and it comes on and then never had the brake error on display or limp mode the rest of the time. So I know that was the cause of it going into limp mode but my question is this I feel like my whole issue is the socket just not making proper contact. I'd like to replace it but I can't bring myself to pay 85$ Canadian to can am. I can't find something that could be a plug and play replacement even though I know it's like a 5$ part. Anyone got a Canadian or American website I could find it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
That is what we have been trying to explain about the new bulb and how it fits just slightly off in the socket...Did you try the bulb 7528 that Bombardierbom gave you the number for...

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Xtp 1000r
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
That is what we have been trying to explain about the new bulb and how it fits just slightly off in the socket...Did you try the bulb 7528 that Bombardierbom gave you the number for...
I do have the 7528 bulbs but I figure an LED won't have the burn out issue that the other bulb type do with moisture. I'm just keeping them as extras for now.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts