Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just back from a trip to canada, put on a couple hundred miles. Clunked a few rocks that I think I should have cleared. Have 26" tires and now want taller. How tall can I go without lift or fender modification. If I have to lift how tall is reasonable?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I would go with the 27" Big Horns they are about 28" tall and wear like iron I have a set with 10,000 miles . They are a great rock tire.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would go with the 27" Big Horns they are about 28" tall and wear like iron I have a set with 10,000 miles . They are a great rock tire.
Are there any machine modifications necessary? Tires won't hit fender wells on a hard turn?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Are there any machine modifications necessary? Tires won't hit fender wells on a hard turn?
With aftermarket wheels you may have to trim the front
fenders a little. With stock wheels you might be good but if you do have to trim it is not that big of deal.:th_smiliedance: If you use stock wheels be sure and check you clearance on the tie rods.:tools1:

·
Registered
339 Posts
My 27" BH's rubbed from the 1st day. Trimmed the fender with box knife and nothing now. A little bit of trimming isn't bad. And a sharp knife and steady hand can make it look factory. Good luck. I do highly recommend the 27 BH's. Oh yea I have 12" 4+3 wheels all around

·
Registered
187 Posts
My 27" BH's rubbed from the 1st day. Trimmed the fender with box knife and nothing now. A little bit of trimming isn't bad. And a sharp knife and steady hand can make it look factory. Good luck. I do highly recommend the 27 BH's. Oh yea I have 12" 4+3 wheels all around
Hey Canamkayaker what is "4+3 wheels all around"???

Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
i've got maverick wheels with 27" bighorns on my wife's outlander max and have no rubbing and had no modifications to do at all. they work perfectly. 2007 outlander max xt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts