Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 can am xmr 570
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 20 570 but it doesn’t come with a temp gauge but the 21s do so if I got a 21 display and temp gauge it should work or would I need a new computer in it too?

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
Take a picture of the plug on the back of the cluster. I believe it is a new style in 21 but not 100% sure. You can actually use the analog xtp guage cluster and it will show temp as a bar guage if it is the old style plug.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 can am xmr 570
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take a picture of the plug on the back of the cluster. I believe it is a new style in 21 but not 100% sure. You can actually use the analog xtp guage cluster and it will show temp as a bar guage if it is the old style plug.

Well I’m laying in bed right now but if I remember in the morning I will :)

·
Registered
2020 can am xmr 570
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Oh and thanks for the help:)

·
Registered
2020 can am xmr 570
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I got a picture

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
I got a pic
Ok that is the old style. Can-Am parts guy has the xtp guage cluster with a new guage holder. It says it doesn't work with all L models. I emailed them and they said it sometimes won't communicate. You could maybe order and just ask to return it if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
2020 can am xmr 570
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok that is the old style. Can-Am parts guy has the xtp guage cluster with a new guage holder. It says it doesn't work with all L models. I emailed them and they said it sometimes won't communicate. You could maybe order and just ask to return it if it doesn't work.

Ok cool thanks

·
Registered
631 Posts
Can't you just find a temp gauge that would bolt to the top of the cylinder head and via a cord would mount a gauge onto the handle bars? Seems like I once knew about such things, 40 years ago when I was taking auto shop and working after school at a motorcycle dealer.

·
Registered
2020 can am xmr 570
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can't you just find a temp gauge that would bolt to the top of the cylinder head and via a cord would mount a gauge onto the handle bars? Seems like I once knew about such things, 40 years ago when I was taking auto shop and working after school at a motorcycle dealer.
Where would I get one and I kinda wanted a nice clean temp gauge

·
Registered
631 Posts
Where would I get one and I kinda wanted a nice clean temp gauge
Me too.

I googled Cylinder Head Temperature Gauge, and lots of stuff comes up. I think you just bolt a sensor to a head bolt and that is it. IDK?

Or perhaps a sensor cap to replace the coolant cap for engine coolant gauge.

Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
2022 Outlander 850 XT ordered 😉
241 Posts
Me too.

I googled Cylinder Head Temperature Gauge, and lots of stuff comes up. I think you just bolt a sensor to a head bolt and that is it. IDK?

Or perhaps a sensor cap to replace the coolant cap for engine coolant gauge.

Let us know what you find.
KOSO slim Available red or blue, C or F you need need the M12x1.5 sensor also from KOSO.
Nice and very easy install. Had one on my 2016 Outlander and already have one for my coming soon 2022 Outlander.

Luc

·
Registered
631 Posts
KOSO slim Available red or blue, C or F you need need the M12x1.5 sensor also from KOSO.
Nice and very easy install. Had one on my 2016 Outlander and already have one for my coming soon 2022 Outlander.

Luc
Is this it?

·
Registered
2022 Outlander 850 XT ordered 😉
241 Posts
Is this it?

No !
Can't load the picture but it's called Koso super slim. It's rectangular.
Remember you need the M12x1.5 sensor because the one that cones with it doesn't fit because not the same threads.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts