Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...always wondered what it's about.

Is it just something to huck the back end with your hands?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wheelie bar!!

Reactions: 20Outty09

·
Registered
145 Posts
prevents rear box damage.

·
Registered
518 Posts
i'm going to assume its probably all of those things

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well...not exactly. I stood my 1000 straight up and drug the rear of the bike for about 10ft. Broke the right hand aluminum bracket and the grab bar was pushed up into the rear storage box and broke the handle. I went hard that day. :th_smiliebanana2:

Attachments

Reactions: Jungleman

·
Registered
214 Posts
It bolts onto the frame farther up near the gas tank. Would it be alright to tow someone behind atv for sledding without harming the frame or anything?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well...not exactly. I stood my 1000 straight up and drug the rear of the bike for about 10ft. Broke the right hand aluminum bracket and the grab bar was pushed up into the rear storage box and broke the handle. I went hard that day. :th_smiliebanana2:
I did the same thing they break very easy !

·
Registered
836 Posts
Can am calls it a bumper.. lol
It can take a light hit straight in but will not handle much else.
It's pretty though.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
ahhh....no. tow with the 2"reciever and appropriate attachment.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I wouldn't tow with it. Right behind the rear diff, even stock, there's a spot to hook up a towstrap. Use that before the aluminum grab bar.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Here's the ball hitch I put on mine. I've had to tie myself to a tree with it several times to winch a quad out of a ravine or get one unstuck on tracks. It's the only place to tow from.:smilietwocents:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,240 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Bumper

In west virginia at Hatfields my quad is maybe 2 months old waiting in line for gas and I found out what it was for! Some guy whips into the station on brute Force and slams into the back of my atv.
I agree with others it dented from low speed impact of another quad.
Every time i look at it , it agggrivates me. lol
I will find something better to put back there sooner or later:aniwheeler6:

·
Registered
207 Posts
He didn't have insurance I take it? Lots of damage or just a little. I woulda filed a report and made him pay for a new one. Maybe he woulda got a fine too.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
damage

no just dented that bar a bit. I did not even ask I just said wtf slow down next time. It does not effect anything so i am good. would like a beefy bumper for the next time lol

·
Registered
836 Posts
ahhh....no. tow with the 2"reciever and appropriate attachment.
:th_smilieexactly:
Never tow people with rope, chain, or straps.
A ridgid tow bar is required. Anything less is a breach of common sense everywhere and the law most places.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts