Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...by request of @Tozguy , the (almost) complete inventory of everything I carry.

This pile of stuff is comical and after getting it all spread out I was having hard time to figure out how to appraoch it. I've deided on lettering the pictures and describing the items with a sprinkle of justification. At the end I will explain how I organize it all.

A.
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle City Auto part

B.
Wood Fashion accessory Recreation Automotive design Collection

C.
Textile Bag Luggage and bags Wood Market

D.
Saw Pneumatic tool Handheld power drill Chainsaw Tool

E.
Wood Automotive tire Gas Metal Auto part

A. Tire Repair, Parts, Electronics

0. 5.56 Ball ammo can to hold tire repair and spare parts.
1. Spare belt
2. 4x Large heavy duty zip ties
3. Bag of medium (7 inch?) zip ties
4. Air compressor
5. NOCO Boost Plus GB40 (boost + backup device charger + flashlight)
6. Beats+ Bluetooth speaker (also another backup device charger)
7. Rigid Shop Light with 3Ah battery
8. Rubber cement for tire repair
9. Ratchet Strap (for beading an unbeaded tire -- this works; I have done it.)
10. Paracord (the real stuff)
11. Device cables (micro usb, usb-c, lightning cable, etc. for charging GoPro, iPhone, Android phones, bluetooth speaker, NOCO booster)
12. Flashlight (single AA battery)
13. 4x AA batteries
14. Garmin eTrex HCX GPS
15. Spare M12 bolts (for shocks, control arms, and other stuff...only because I have them and why leave them at home)
16. Spare M12 nuts (same as 15..)
17. Electrical tap (88 tape...not your average electrical tape)
18. 10x Body clips
19. Tire plug tool
20. Tire plug boring tool
21. Tire plugs
22. Flagging tap (used for marking hazards on the trail)
23. TP (because leaves are so 2021...)
24. Garbage bags (because people don't understand that garbage doesn't belong in the woods)

B. Mostly tools plus clothing and some survival (starting at the ammo can)

0. 5.56 Ball ammo can to hold all of the tools.
1. 100% water and wind proof rain paints
2. 800 fill down jacket
3. 100% water and wind proof rain jacket
4. First aid kit (augmented with extra band-aids and stuff)
2. Body trim tools (to release those annoying clips that hold the footboards to the fenders)
3. 3/8 drive sockets (short and long + torx and hex sockets)
4. 1/4 drive sockets
5. 2L water
6.Various wrenches, pliers, adjustable wrenches, vice grips and screwdrivers. Notable items: belt removal tool, torx bit for removing the torx bolt for wheel well, telescopic magnet for getting that nut that always falls where you don't want it to, body clip removal tool, small flat head screwdriver for adjust chainsaw carb, blue staedler pen for marking if something needs to be lined up if it's removed

These items are part of my survival kit; this is a single ammo can that I can pull out and carry with me in case I need to leave my bike in an emergency situation)
7. Emergency rain poncho
8. Emergency solar blanket
9. 4x Hand warmers
10. Paper trail map (of the area I ride most)
11. Pocket knife
12. Fold-up pliers
13. Flashlight
14. Waterproof container with strike anywhere matches
15. Flagging tap + permanent sharpie (to mark who I am, the path I am travelling, my bearing, the time the the flag was dropped, and any other important info on the flag)
16. Fox 40 whistle attached to a Sunto Compass
17. Ziploc bag of dryer lint (better seen in C)
18. 2x Mars bars
19. 2x Sporks
20. 1x Webbing with buckle

C. Survival + Camping out

0. 5.56 Ball ammo can to hold B7 through B20 plus C1 through C6 plus C8 through C11.
1. Jetboil (filled with coffee pouches, tobasco sauce, and outmeal pouches)
2. Fuel cell for the jetboil
3. Magnesium block (the every other fire starter is wet final solution -- this works, but defintely practice first because it isn't easy...)
4. 3x light sticks
5. 2x military ration trail mix
6. 2x military rations (1x chicken poutine (YUMMY!) and 1x spaghetti and meatballs)
7. Voyager 50 sleeping bag (rated comfortable to 4C...I would be comfortable using it in an emergency down to -20 with the solar blanket and winter clothing)
8. International Emergency Symbols card (has useful symbols and signals information, plus acts as a reflector for signalling air assets)
9. Card credit sized magnifying glass (theoretically can be used as a fire starter. I have never tried this...I stash it because it takes zero space and weighs like 3 grams)
10. Advil
11. 2x military ration tortillas ( the "bread" in Canadian mil rations really helps gum up your butthole, so if you got the diarrhea this will do the trick!)
12. Mil issue air mattress
13. Ascend 2 person tent (with ground sheet + fly)
14. Mecanix gloves (i use these when riding)
15. Dry bag (holds the tent and likely going to hold the spare belt)

D. Trail clearing + Extreme unstuck me.
1. Chainsaw...obviously
2. Spare bar oil
3. 3-in-1 Chainsaw sharpener (this thing is excellent...highly recommend)
4. Spare chain
5. Fiskar hatchet (for when I'm too lazy to pull the chainsaw out)
6. Chain saw tool
7. File (for filing the mushrooming on the bar)
8. Fiskars hand saw (for when I'm too lazy to pull the hatchet out of the back box)

E. Unstuck me / recovery gear
1. Very cheap, very under-rated working load limit tow rope (Upgrading this soon with something safe...)
2. Storage bag (doubles as a winch line dampener) (actually from a bosch cordless drill)
3. 50' aircraft cable extension line
4. Very unsafe tree strap (2 legit tree straps are on the way to replace this, i will continue to keep it in my kit for trivial things with no risk to kill someone if it fails)
5. Spare winch hook (because you never know...)
6. 8T snatch block (4T working load limit ) (I just got this; I haven't used it it)
7. Cable lock (for securing front wheel of bike when i leave it plus optionally the chainsaw)
8. Kryptonite bicycle lock (for securing rear wheel when i leave it)
9. Trailer tongue lock for locking the front box
10. 10T snatch block (8T working load limit) (also brand new and I haven't used it)

What is not in these pictures because I either just ordered or forgot...
1. 100' synthentic rope winch extension line (7500lb breaking strength) <(=== arrived while I was writing this!
2. 2x 3/4" D-ring shackles 28T breaking strength
3. 2x 3" 8' tree savers
4. 2x Soft shackle 18T breaking strength
5. 2T bottle jack
6. 15L fuel (or 10L of fuel + 5L of fuel for chainsaw)

As for packing all this up...everything fits in 3 ammo cans except for the obvious larger stuff. I do keep the most used items loose either in the front or rear box, such as the TP, a flash light, the bluetooth speaker, spare batteries and the hand saw.

I also ride with a GoPro mounted on my helmet and I have a Sena 50R coming soon!

Yes...if you made it this far you are completely allowed to make fun of me... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I still got room for an 18 pack! However; I'm going to scale that back to a 6 pack because who needs this... (although it is fun to laugh about on the trail)

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
413 Posts
And don't forget the plastic spork!!!!!!

Even if we make fun of you, way down deep inside we are all jealous. You take "be prepared" to the next level!!! Congrats - that is very impressive!!

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
5,958 Posts
I have no words :oops:

I bow to your superior level of preparedness :p

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
683 Posts
Looks like you have thought of everything. You have set the bar high.
Thanks for sharing with us. You really did a lot of work to lay it all out for us.

·
Registered
2021 outlander 850 MAX XTP
699 Posts
Just asking you got something to start a fire with if need be ??? Other then that I’m sure you got it covered !!!! Ata a boy!!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
1,310 Posts
This is really awesome! You are basically ready for an apocalypse! Thanks a lot for sharing. Will definitely get inspired by this to add to my gear.

Reactions: leefromcanada

·
Registered
8 Posts
So...by request of @Tozguy , the (almost) complete inventory of everything I carry.

This pile of stuff is comical and after getting it all spread out I was having hard time to figure out how to appraoch it. I've deided on lettering the pictures and describing the items with a sprinkle of justification. At the end I will explain how I organize it all.

A.
View attachment 105363

B.
View attachment 105364

C.
View attachment 105365

D.
View attachment 105366

E.
View attachment 105367

A. Tire Repair, Parts, Electronics

0. 5.56 Ball ammo can to hold tire repair and spare parts.
1. Spare belt
2. 4x Large heavy duty zip ties
3. Bag of medium (7 inch?) zip ties
4. Air compressor
5. NOCO Boost Plus GB40 (boost + backup device charger + flashlight)
6. Beats+ Bluetooth speaker (also another backup device charger)
7. Rigid Shop Light with 3Ah battery
8. Rubber cement for tire repair
9. Ratchet Strap (for beading an unbeaded tire -- this works; I have done it.)
10. Paracord (the real stuff)
11. Device cables (micro usb, usb-c, lightning cable, etc. for charging GoPro, iPhone, Android phones, bluetooth speaker, NOCO booster)
12. Flashlight (single AA battery)
13. 4x AA batteries
14. Garmin eTrex HCX GPS
15. Spare M12 bolts (for shocks, control arms, and other stuff...only because I have them and why leave them at home)
16. Spare M12 nuts (same as 15..)
17. Electrical tap (88 tape...not your average electrical tape)
18. 10x Body clips
19. Tire plug tool
20. Tire plug boring tool
21. Tire plugs
22. Flagging tap (used for marking hazards on the trail)
23. TP (because leaves are so 2021...)
24. Garbage bags (because people don't understand that garbage doesn't belong in the woods)

B. Mostly tools plus clothing and some survival (starting at the ammo can)

0. 5.56 Ball ammo can to hold all of the tools.
1. 100% water and wind proof rain paints
2. 800 fill down jacket
3. 100% water and wind proof rain jacket
4. First aid kit (augmented with extra band-aids and stuff)
2. Body trim tools (to release those annoying clips that hold the footboards to the fenders)
3. 3/8 drive sockets (short and long + torx and hex sockets)
4. 1/4 drive sockets
5. 2L water
6.Various wrenches, pliers, adjustable wrenches, vice grips and screwdrivers. Notable items: belt removal tool, torx bit for removing the torx bolt for wheel well, telescopic magnet for getting that nut that always falls where you don't want it to, body clip removal tool, small flat head screwdriver for adjust chainsaw carb, blue staedler pen for marking if something needs to be lined up if it's removed

These items are part of my survival kit; this is a single ammo can that I can pull out and carry with me in case I need to leave my bike in an emergency situation)
7. Emergency rain poncho
8. Emergency solar blanket
9. 4x Hand warmers
10. Paper trail map (of the area I ride most)
11. Pocket knife
12. Fold-up pliers
13. Flashlight
14. Waterproof container with strike anywhere matches
15. Flagging tap + permanent sharpie (to mark who I am, the path I am travelling, my bearing, the time the the flag was dropped, and any other important info on the flag)
16. Fox 40 whistle attached to a Sunto Compass
17. Ziploc bag of dryer lint (better seen in C)
18. 2x Mars bars
19. 2x Sporks
20. 1x Webbing with buckle

C. Survival + Camping out

0. 5.56 Ball ammo can to hold B7 through B20 plus C1 through C6 plus C8 through C11.
1. Jetboil (filled with coffee pouches, tobasco sauce, and outmeal pouches)
2. Fuel cell for the jetboil
3. Magnesium block (the every other fire starter is wet final solution -- this works, but defintely practice first because it isn't easy...)
4. 3x light sticks
5. 2x military ration trail mix
6. 2x military rations (1x chicken poutine (YUMMY!) and 1x spaghetti and meatballs)
7. Voyager 50 sleeping bag (rated comfortable to 4C...I would be comfortable using it in an emergency down to -20 with the solar blanket and winter clothing)
8. International Emergency Symbols card (has useful symbols and signals information, plus acts as a reflector for signalling air assets)
9. Card credit sized magnifying glass (theoretically can be used as a fire starter. I have never tried this...I stash it because it takes zero space and weighs like 3 grams)
10. Advil
11. 2x military ration tortillas ( the "bread" in Canadian mil rations really helps gum up your butthole, so if you got the diarrhea this will do the trick!)
12. Mil issue air mattress
13. Ascend 2 person tent (with ground sheet + fly)
14. Mecanix gloves (i use these when riding)
15. Dry bag (holds the tent and likely going to hold the spare belt)

D. Trail clearing + Extreme unstuck me.
1. Chainsaw...obviously
2. Spare bar oil
3. 3-in-1 Chainsaw sharpener (this thing is excellent...highly recommend)
4. Spare chain
5. Fiskar hatchet (for when I'm too lazy to pull the chainsaw out)
6. Chain saw tool
7. File (for filing the mushrooming on the bar)
8. Fiskars hand saw (for when I'm too lazy to pull the hatchet out of the back box)

E. Unstuck me / recovery gear
1. Very cheap, very under-rated working load limit tow rope (Upgrading this soon with something safe...)
2. Storage bag (doubles as a winch line dampener) (actually from a bosch cordless drill)
3. 50' aircraft cable extension line
4. Very unsafe tree strap (2 legit tree straps are on the way to replace this, i will continue to keep it in my kit for trivial things with no risk to kill someone if it fails)
5. Spare winch hook (because you never know...)
6. 8T snatch block (4T working load limit ) (I just got this; I haven't used it it)
7. Cable lock (for securing front wheel of bike when i leave it plus optionally the chainsaw)
8. Kryptonite bicycle lock (for securing rear wheel when i leave it)
9. Trailer tongue lock for locking the front box
10. 10T snatch block (8T working load limit) (also brand new and I haven't used it)

What is not in these pictures because I either just ordered or forgot...
1. 100' synthentic rope winch extension line (7500lb breaking strength) <(=== arrived while I was writing this!
2. 2x 3/4" D-ring shackles 28T breaking strength
3. 2x 3" 8' tree savers
4. 2x Soft shackle 18T breaking strength
5. 2T bottle jack
6. 15L fuel (or 10L of fuel + 5L of fuel for chainsaw)

As for packing all this up...everything fits in 3 ammo cans except for the obvious larger stuff. I do keep the most used items loose either in the front or rear box, such as the TP, a flash light, the bluetooth speaker, spare batteries and the hand saw.

I also ride with a GoPro mounted on my helmet and I have a Sena 50R coming soon!

Yes...if you made it this far you are completely allowed to make fun of me... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I still got room for an 18 pack! However; I'm going to scale that back to a 6 pack because who needs this... (although it is fun to laugh about on the trail)
That's a fantastic list. Thanks

I'd recommend a Garmin inReach two way satellite communicator. The unit is literally a lifesaver. A guy went over his handlebars and broke both femurs. Due to his inReach he was flown out in under an hour. Without it he would have bled out before help arrived. Cheap insurance.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I thought we had our x3 loaded down with gear, we are prepared, but this is another level! I would like to see your machine with everything all loaded up.
Yes! I gotta see how all that fits. Pics please. I feel trulys IS a survival item, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And don't forget the plastic spork!!!!!!

Even if we make fun of you, way down deep inside we are all jealous. You take "be prepared" to the next level!!! Congrats - that is very impressive!!
Got 2! In case of company 😆

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just asking you got something to start a fire with if need be ??? Other then that I’m sure you got it covered !!!! Ata a boy!!!
I got my pocket lighter; a hermetically sealed backup lighter, waterproof matches, magenesium blocks and my jet boil…

for fire starter I got some dryer lint and my hatchet to dig inside wet wood if it’s wet out. 👍

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You must definitely be the go to guy on the trails for sure. Friends make fun but they know who has the goods when sh*t hits the fan.😉
Yea it’s all good fun; and I always get to be the WTF guy when someone needs something 😆😆

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's a fantastic list. Thanks

I'd recommend a Garmin inReach two way satellite communicator. The unit is literally a lifesaver. A guy went over his handlebars and broke both femurs. Due to his inReach he was flown out in under an hour. Without it he would have bled out before help arrived. Cheap insurance.
I’m going to check this out. Thanks!

I got my Sena 50R the other day that has voice activated dialing as long as I have cell service. I also recently was gifted a Apple Watch that has lte and gps. I’m excited to see how I can use this for riding.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes! I gotta see how all that fits. Pics please. I feel trulys IS a survival item, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here are pictures of it all packed up. I do need to sort out my recovery gear because I just bought a lot of stuff I didn’t have, so I need to reorganize to find room for the tree savers.

I took a video to get from the original pictures to here; it will follow shortly.
Motor vehicle Kitchen appliance Trunk Bumper Cuisine

Human body Automotive tire Artifact Wood Sculpture

Motor vehicle Automotive design Tool Luggage and bags Gas

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Orange Automotive design Luggage and bags

·
Registered
2018 can-am outlander XT 650 (abs) with tuneup mod's
117 Posts
I can just imagine that there is place's where you can't get "help" by phone or else just like snapping finger's... Only thing i would upgrade would be to chainsaw have some weather protection from elements mud, snow etc....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts