Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing an LED to notify me when the radiator Fan starts was an easy and straight forward project today. It really helps buying a 12V bright led from marine shop as the wire to led connections are weatherproof sealed so that you dont need to fidle with resistors for corect led voltage. So basicaly it was matter of connecting two wires and mounting the led.

Now many things became obvious to me.. one is that 0ver 40klm even with hot weather over 40c ( i live in a Greek Mediteranean Island ) the fan nearly never starts.. The blowing air cools suficiently the radiator/engine. Below 20klm the fan runs on a 50/50 time and my legs burn hot everytime the fan starts.

SO the question .. why not changing the thermostat to force the fan to start 10-15 degrees C earlyer ( less ) , meaning runing the engine cooler , and cooler air between the legs ?? just an idea ... also isnt there in the market any improved heat conductivity coolands better than the average we use in our radiators ?

Manos the Greek

·
Lifetime Member / Experienced Builder
6,533 Posts
well you want to make sure the temp is high enough to burn off contaminates, from what i've heard. same with the oil. so too low can be a problem as well.

·
Premium Member
4,414 Posts
I have wanted to install a little light as well for a long time. :th_smiliethumbsup:
Did you just stick it in the dash? Got a picture?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts