Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bent a tie rod today. It may have something to do with running my outlander with tracks on maximum power steering. Although the tie rod will be replaced under warranty, I'm wondering if I should eventually upgrade to heavy-duty tie rods. After seeing how thin the tie rod appears it looks like I may have this problem again. Has anyone upgraded their tie rods to heavy-duty? Who makes tire rods for outlanders?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I upgraded mine the day my machine came in. With the power steering you get no kick back at the handle bars, something's got to give. I purchased the americian star racing (ASR) off Ebay for somewhere around $65 and used the stock ends. No problems to date.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I went with ASR also. Their rods and ends are allot better than factory.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
/\/\ x3

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Well you can add me to the list of bent tie rods.

Clipped a tree yesterday with right tire and wheel bent to 45 deg. After the impact, I thought for sure I bent the A-arm, but lucky for me it was just tie rod. Hooked up winch from another ATV and pulled it back into place.

Now this has me thinking if the tie rod didn't bend, would I had more damage. So I'm sitting on the fence if I should upgrade or just straighten the rod if it happens again.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Steering stem:th_smiliefrustrated

·
Registered
733 Posts
Probably the endlinks that's why I didn't upgrade mine I only did the tie rods, I bent mine trail riding with the dps set on low, never hit anything

1 - 12 of 12 Posts