Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I decided to drop the tire pressure to 6psi all around.

Im going to do a little testing on this. First impressions are - while riding semi-aggressive- the front end seams to wash out more at this PSI.
Over the next few days I'll ride again and adjust the pressure and ride again. These are the stock Terracross on beadlocks.

I may drop it down to 4psi and work up to 10.

Where have you found the balance between good handling and smoothing out the little rough stuff?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
while these are a good tire i found the sidewalls soft and tend to roll over in the front when at speed... I ran mine around the 5-6psi mark and ended up getting a wicked deal on a set of bighorns and that cured the front end issue.. One thing to remember is at higher psi you will stop the roll in the front tire but then you run the risk of a tire puncture and you are loosing contact to the ground. Even at 6psi i found the full width of the tire was not making contact

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coming from ITP - Holeshots and Quadcross sport type tires on sport type machines, I thought these Terracross tires were doing fairly well. That makes perfect sense - the wash out is moist likely enhanced by the sidewall rolling.

You are the second person this week that spoke highly of the big horn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts