Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Outlander MAX 400 4X4 and I need to replace all 4 tires. What are you guys running? The stock Carlisles have been good to me but wondering if there is a better alternative. Lower price is always good, too.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I have used a lot of different tires and the Kenda Htrs are my favorite, smoothest and most durable tire i have used and there cheaper than most, you can get a set from Chaparral Motorsports for under $400 delivered. everyone usually is concerned with weight of tire and being you have a 400, i would guess you are to. that said, every tire i have ever had and all have been 25inch, i have weighed when i got them the kendas are a 8 ply tire but they weigh about the same as any other popular tire out there. front in 25 inch is about 21 lb and the rear about 25lb. same is said for the GBC grim reapers, gbc dirt commanders, maxxixs big horn originals and ITP terra cross XD, all are very close. my next favorite would be GBC grim reapers and BH's but the big horns have priced them selves out of the market. one last thing about the kendas, if you google search them you may see there was an issue with wobble and or leaking air from new, this was 8ish years ago and since they have fixed the problem and replaced everyones for free, i have had 5 sets or so sets in the last 10 years and have never had an issue.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Love my HTR'S too !
Our area is rocky as hell and they hold up great , they'll even surprise you in the soft stuff .

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do they do in the snow? I'm in Colorado so we get 6+ months of snow and 5-6 months of rocks

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
How do they do in the snow? I'm in Colorado so we get 6+ months of snow and 5-6 months of rocks
better than others i have used, they have a surprisingly deep paddle like lug on the sides that work great. they are also squarish as opposed to rounded while mounted which i think gives much better traction in wet conditions or snow for that matter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a full set of Kenda Bearclaws EX delivered for $224.99

I plan to mount them for plowing snow. By all the reviews I have read, they should perform well. And at $224, I cannot complain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts