Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have the wet weights for a G2 MAX 800 XT, G2 1000 XT-P or G2 Renegade 1000 Xxc?

I ask because I'm thinking about getting a 2nd quad this year and I'm running into a bit of a dilemma..

Last year I got rid of my superduty since we have a JK that could tow the lander and didn't really use the truck for much else. The 2door JK is only rated for 2,000 lb towing capacity, which based on dry weights alone with trailer would put the weight at 2,004 for MAX/Rene or 2,079 for MAX/XT-P.

The JK is rated at 2,000 primarily because of the wheelbase, which is why the 4door is rated for 3,500. Our trips are primarily through flat areas but don't want to risk such precious cargo :th_smiliepullhair:

·
Registered
503 Posts
The xmr 1000 wet weight was 1,031lbs if i remember right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm sure the JK is capable of pulling the weight, but it's that short WB I would be concerned of. Would not want to be behind the wheel if a trailer with that much weight blew a tire on the freeway.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
As long as your trailer has a little longer tongue length on it, it will probably be fine. A real short trailer sways super fast and scares me with a short tow vehicle.

These Max's are going to weigh about 1,100 lbs with fuel and a little cargo and dirt on them. They aren't light!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yea definitely a bummer, had I known the wife would want her own quad so soon I would have kept the superduty! Rene sure sounds nice though..

I actually looked into it some more and apparently if you have 3.21 gears it's only rated for 1,000lbs which makes it a no go..

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have used my jku to pull two atvs on a large aluminum trailer I have 3.21 gears and a manual. Just have to know how to drive a trailer and when to downshift. I typically haul close to 20k pounds with a super duty and it all just comes down to experience and knowing when enough is enough and how to handle loads.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Going to see about trading in the JK on a 2014 f150 since there are some decent incentives right now. We miss having a truck anyways so might work out after all and the digi camo is looking better by the minute!

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
If you can swing it, that's what I would do. It's better to be safe than sorry especially when it comes to pulling loads...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think any dealer that has a 14 will be trying to move it as the 2015 f150 are aluminum

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
The 14's are dime a dozen with the new 15 coming. It killed everyones resale on old versions.
Still not sure I like Aluminum, but hey it won't rust! :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Its an aluminum alloy. It'll rust.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I've seen what Aluminum trailers look like after being in the salt, so I'm curious what the aluminum bodies will look like after some years in the salt?

I Love aluminum, but theres places for it! I'm no expert as if this is the right place for it or not…?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Well worked out in the end, every dealer wanted 40k+ OTD for a loaded 14', but I found a loaded 13' supercab FX4 with 5k miles that wasn't even purchased until late 14' for 33k (had 52k sticker).

I picked up the truck and went straight to my can-am dealer to grab the 15' Outty XTP which is now sitting in the garage awaiting sticker removal :aniwheeler6:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts