Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone able to fit a UTV and a Harley Street Glide in a Toyhauler? If so what make & model. I would like it F250 towable. I would like to buy a Commander

·
Registered
660 Posts
Commander 4 seater? 2 seater?

are you looking for a 5th wheel or a bumper pull?

F250 diesel or gas?

Do you have length restrictions/wants?

Do you want a separate garage or living quarters garage?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Commander 4 seater? 2 seater? Can-am Commander 2 Seater is what I'm looking at

are you looking for a 5th wheel or a bumper pull? Would prefer a bumper pull not sure if a 250 would handle a 5 wheel. A 5th wheel is not out of the question if a 250 would handle it.

F250 diesel or gas? F250 Diesel

Do you have length restrictions/wants? not sure

Do you want a separate garage or living quarters garage? Living quarters garage would be fine

. .

·
Registered
660 Posts
Living quarters toyhauler would be your best bet honestly if you want to bring both. Then just park them in a straight line.

If you want a bumper pull you will probably need a 32-36' long camper. i would look at something like a 23pack15 by forest river. This SHOULD give you your length needed.

If you want a 5th wheel, then look at a 255rr. This is the one we are considering. It's a 1/2 ton towable 5th wheel, with a dry weight of only 6800lbs. Well within the limits of a 3/4 ton diesel. and only 30' long!

I would just look at the combined weights of both of your machines loaded up (full tanks of gas, cargo boxes etc), and make sure it fits into the max capacity of the camper. The 255rr can carry over 4500lbs..

Would need more specs on your tow vehicle (crew cab/ext cab/4wd/2wd/long bed/short that kind of stuff)

and your street glide (motor size, Length & weight specs)

then the weight and length of your 2 seater commander (figure 10' long and about ~1500lbs with a full tank of fuel)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
An F250 box is 6.5 feet long. Would an F250 be able to handle a 5th wheel? The Street Glide is ~900 lbs 8 Feet long X 38 inches wide

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,220 Posts
I frequented the super duty forums for quite a few years, lots of SRW over there hauling 5th wheel around. Check 'em out, good group of guys

·
Registered
660 Posts
i would recommend a 5th wheel slider hitch for the bed, if you go that route. With your bike being 8' long and the commander being just under 10' long, you'll want a trailer with a minimal of 20' cargo space so that way you have space between the back door and the front of the camper. I would actually look for one with 22' living/cargo area myself just because i'm a bigger guy and can't fit into too many tight places lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts