Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this site or forums in general. Here is my issue.....I have a 2020 Mav X3 XDS Turbo RR which really shouldn't matter but get that out of the way. I just purchased the Apache LT 360 Track system. So you need Apache 360 LT mounting kit (Check), Engine and CVT Air Intake PRE-FILTER (Check), Apache 360 LT Track System (Check) so then you need the Track DPS Module (note CanAm catalog FALL Edition Maverick X3 2020) Part number called out in catalog for the Maverick X3 715004707. Dealer puts that number in to order the $99 part after you just paid nearly $6000 for the other stuff system says superseded by 715007338. OK some say NO that's for the Defender...the tech specs on the PN 715007338 lists G2, G2L, G2S (2021 & up and 2020 and prior with Intelligent Throttle Control iTC). Well I have a 2020 and it has iTC so is this OK to use? I don't know what G2 and all that other stuff is?
I found some threads on here that made it sound that that PN is also used on or for the ATV not the UTV?
To confuse matters even more the NEW 2021 Accessories FALL Edition catalog has a NEW number 715006266 for the X3 Track Module. THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE to get or find they are on back order until MID FEB if you are lucky... I now sit with $6000 in tracks, mounting kit and prefilter and no module. I started trying to find the first number 4707 no luck as stated above superseded by 715007338 and that now says superseded by the NEW latest and greatest number 715006266.

Issue is I BOUGHT a 715007338 for my Maverick X3 does anyone know if this should work? I am not a parts guy at a dealer and I am at the mercy of the danger WW Web and my research says YES it should. But the only reason I was able to buy this from a dealer she said its for a DEFENDER?? Once dealer said the reason for all the PN is different suppliers get new part number they are all the same???

HELP PLEASE.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey, not a huge help here but I do have the identical year and model X3 with the same tracks. I didn't bother with the pre-filter and so far no snow in my belt box cover or intake even though I don't run fender flares. Windshield is a huge must though as it throws snow directly into your cab if you drive over 25. I can check and see what DPS module I'm getting in a few days here as I ordered one through my dealer and they said they'll have it in 2-3 days. If you haven't gotten an answer by the time it shows up I'll let you know.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK that looks bad A$$. Thanks yes windshield will be ordered. OK I worry now...2-3 days for your DPS module....THERE are none around and all on back order so very interesting. You don't happen to live in MN? I do know one dealer that found one that he needed for someone local. Did you put them on yourself or dealer? Thank you for the followup I'd be curious if your paperwork calls out the PN or they would tell you. Thank you

·
Registered
173 Posts
It's crazy how much you can plow through with them!
is my install video, very slick.

Sorry, I'm from Manitoba so just north of you. Our dealer here is Enns Brothers and they always get parts in 3-5 days from BRP in Quebec, very good service!

I'd have no problem ordering one and mailing to you if you're in a real pinch but I'm sure they can just get the same part number as I can here. They'll have the PN on the module for sure, I even have an older one kicking around from the non electronic throttle machines.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is so bizarre I have been calling all over the US and Canada and they are on back order until Feb 12th or so. So you run yours without the DPS module? so you are adding 2x the miles? I did find one I hope it the the correct one. Thanks maybe I will call your dealer. Looks like you put some used tracks on? Great video thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am running it without DPS module and am hitting a whopping 55 mph (GPS checked as speedo reads 92) lol. I've only driving around 20 miles with them so far so not too worried about the extra mileage it's racking up. Worst case scenario I could keep running the module in spring and get the miles back. Yes I got a set for $3700 CDN with the mounts included which is a steal in my area. Only issue is my rear right track tension keeps coming loose no matter how tight I make it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bummer and thank you I spoke to your parts guy....I gave him a lead on the 7 DPS units I found as he said he is in the same boat the rest of the US is in. Good luck and have fun..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OH your parts guy told me my 715007338 will work and it was the supersede to the 715004707 huge SMILE.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Awesome! I deal with the guys in Steinbach and he ordered mine 2 days ago, never said anything about them being on backorder. I also have to take my machine in to get it programmed for the DPS module as soon as it arrives, good luck as well!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to bother you again. Can you give me your outside and inside dimensions WIDTH and Length please with your tracks on. I don't think my trailer is wide enough. Reason for front to back in ans out is my wheel wells. When you have time..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome! I deal with the guys in Steinbach and he ordered mine 2 days ago, never said anything about them being on backorder. I also have to take my machine in to get it programmed for the DPS module as soon as it arrives, good luck as well!
See below sorry new at this..
Sorry to bother you again. Can you give me your outside and inside dimensions WIDTH and Length please with your tracks on. I don't think my trailer is wide enough. Reason for front to back in ans out is my wheel wells. When you have time..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts