Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am looking for some long trails with very little steep hills near north Jersey. My daughter is a new rider and needs some more seat time to build confidence. She does a great on moderate hills but she needs more time riding and less time on the brakes. Her hand gets fatigued because it's a hilly wooded ride. Some open space would be nice.

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey guys I am looking for some long trails with very little steep hills near north Jersey. My daughter is a new rider and needs some more seat time to build confidence. She does a great on moderate hills but she needs more time riding and less time on the brakes. Her hand gets fatigued because it's a hilly wooded ride. Some open space would be nice.

Thanks

Join some Facebook groups in your area to find where others recommend

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the idea. Hills are kinda unavoidable here. I'm looking at Lost Trails in PA.

In a couple years the brake lever will be easier to pull and local is good to go.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Take the brake lever off and have someone cut and reweld so its closer to her hand size... did this when my little one started riding made a world of difference to her

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take the brake lever off and have someone cut and reweld so its closer to her hand size... did this when my little one started riding made a world of difference to her

Great idea thanks.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Never understood why kids quads had adult levers on them. How can a kit ride when the lever is such a stretch

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never understood why kids quads had adult levers on them. How can a kit ride when the lever is such a stretch

Agreed. My daughter is tall and athletic. She plays goalie for soccer and pitcher in softball and gripping the handle is an issue.

If it wasn't for the foot brake I wouldn't trust her riding it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
When i did ours the first time i was heating and bending but alum is to fragile to bend and when i got it to the point i wanted it i broke it. so i just took my alum welder and put it where i wanted it and worked perfect...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I found a better path. I am going to just replace these cable driven drum brakes with a hydrologic disc system or a hydrologic clutch conversion on the drums.

This way the brakes are vastly improved and the lever can actually be adjusted for easier squeezing.

To change to a disc setup is only 120 so it's not bad at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts