Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Outlander XMR 1000, sitting in the crate waiting for parts!
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woud have think this would have come up on the forum more than this, but coud only find very old converstation...

I am a soon to be new owner, like I said in my presentation, I'll use this machine 2 ways, myself going on adventure where I plan on running the mud tire so I'm ready for everything. But Will also use it as a family machine to do trail with my daughter as a passenger, I'll most likely try the OEM tires even for that first but might look into giving a smoother ride to my daughter.

Any of you run a second set of wheel/tire? What are you using? Keeping 30" of a bit smaller? I'm new in this world so even though I did some personnal research I'd like to hear experiences!

Yanick

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
683 Posts
My 450 Max (non-xmr) came with Trail Wolf tires (4 ply) and I found them to be smooth on trails. But I bought a second set of wheels with mud/snow tires that are better suited to my solo riding. There are probably lots of others who replaced their OEM tires and you might be able to find a set of slightly used Trail Wolf tires at a reasonable price.
Chances are however that the OEM tires on your XMR will do fine for your passenger.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I bought the 1000r Outlander XMR and I would not change anything. The 30" ITP's ride way better on the smooth surface then I thought they would, but still be good in the deep mud. I ride in the Kawartha area Trails and most people here run either an ATV with a relocated rad or a XMR type. The purpose for the relocated rad is, after a half day on our trails in and out of water holes your rad fills up and lots of times causes it to run hot or over heat. My trips are never under 60 miles. As for the ride of my 2021 XMR, it too surprised the hell out of me. Some people claimed they rode like a tank, mine does not. And I will never go back to a short wheel base, the Max ride is waaaaay better.

·
Registered
2022 Outlander XMR 1000, sitting in the crate waiting for parts!
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the 1000r Outlander XMR and I would not change anything. The 30" ITP's ride way better on the smooth surface then I thought they would, but still be good in the deep mud. I ride in the Kawartha area Trails and most people here run either an ATV with a relocated rad or a XMR type. The purpose for the relocated rad is, after a half day on our trails in and out of water holes your rad fills up and lots of times causes it to run hot or over heat. My trips are never under 60 miles. As for the ride of my 2021 XMR, it too surprised the hell out of me. Some people claimed they rode like a tank, mine does not. And I will never go back to a short wheel base, the Max ride is waaaaay better.
I am SOOOO Happy to hear that I will hold off on getting trail tire for now! Trails here in Quebe seem to be mostly very smooth, lucky for me, I'm very close to the Ontario border and I will get the Quebec-Ontario Pass, I sometimes have to come your way for work maybe I'll extend my visit and bring the machine!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine came with the Silverbacks and they are smoth on the highway and eat other bikes or side by sides in 2wd when they are in 4x4 its a complete beast also put a yoshimura slip on pipe it wakes up the 1000

1 - 5 of 5 Posts