Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 07 outty max. Was riding about 35-40 mph yesterday on the road and my back tires just locked up. And i slide to a stop. the bike never died. But when it finally came to a stop, I hit the gas and it wouldn't go anywhere. I put it in reverse and it did just fine, back to high and it did just fine but it was making a noise like something was loose internal when it was rolling. So I parked it and we went and got the truck. When we got back to the bike I cranked it and it pulled on the trailer and when I got to the house off the trailer just fine. Help please! Keeping my finger crossed it's an easy fix!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also it was hard to get it to shift into gear the whole day.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Drain the tranny and rear diff and look for metal in the fluid.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where is drain and fill for trans?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Right side of the tranny at the bottom near the back. 13mm drain plug and 15mm plastic fill plug.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sounds like you didn't shift correctly, I mean, You were engaged in 3/4. It wasn't fully seated.

It happened on my bike, only one time. When I shifted to 'H' position, I knew that it didn't seat properly, but bike seemed to be okay. After some KM, four wheels locked up (I was in 4x4 mode). So, I put the shifter in 'P' and after in 'H', and I was good to go afterwards. It never happened again.

You said that your shifter is hard ... Probably it's beacause of that. Do a tune-up on your one way bearing and change your friction washer and use the only grease that BRP recommend, an ISOFLEX TOPAS NB52. A bit costly, but will make your shifting much easier.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks man. By tune up, do u mean replace bearing? But definitely thanks for info.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok cool deal thanks man

1 - 9 of 9 Posts