Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:aniwheeler6:Well got the first chance to clean gas tank 2009 Outlander 800R Limited Edition bike started to sputter a lot removed Cap & Fuel Pump don't know if seal might have leaked and let this in or ??? just asking if this happened to anyone else or has anyone had problems with Tank Cap not sealing well am new to this Posting but have a read a lot of good Post on this site any help or advice appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I'm not sure, but have heard something about gas filler tube at some point,... maybe 2009 and up are not exactly round, more slightly oval, if this is true, then the round gas cap logically would not make a good seal, and the potential for debris to get into the gas tank would be there. I am sure others will chime in and add their two cents as well.

Also it's a possibility that gas with a little trash could have been added without knowing it in the past.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I'm not sure, but have heard something about gas filler tube at some point,... maybe 2009 and up are not exactly round, more slightly oval, if this is true, then the round gas cap logically would not make a good seal, and the potential for debris to get into the gas tank would be there. I am sure others will chime in and add their two cents as well.

Also it's a possibility that gas with a little trash could have been added without knowing it in the past.
x2

That is the reason a lot of guys go with the billet aluminum gas caps with over-sized O-rings.

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Get the billet cap! Cost me a fuel pump.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys will look into changing the Cap out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts