Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello boys,

I can not located diagnostic connector on my traxter 500 xt 2002.
By the user manual it is on right side, but when I follow wire from this conector it go to the solenoid.
Any help?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I will try and look at mine today, I have a customer in the shop today so If you don't hear from me by tomorrow post up here and I should get a reminder in my email.

·
Registered
158 Posts
So the area circled in green I have a square 4 -pin connector, It appears to line up with the shifting solenoids on the back of my motor.

"
To set the MPEM into the diagnostic/calibration
mode, the following sequence needs to be done:
– Place a diagnostic jumper (P/N 529 035 605) in
the diagnostic connector.
DIAGNOSTIC JUMPER (P/N 529 035 605)
NOTE: On the XL model, the diagnostic connector
is located under rear cargo box on the LH side of
rear frame extension. For the other models, the
diagnostic connector is located on the LH side of
rear extension frame. On the FOOTSHIFT model,
the diagnostic connector is installed but it is used
only at the factory."

The picture you have with the green circle is NOT the jumper location, look near the solenoid on the left rear side and you will see a flat 3 pim connector with a single wire coming out the other side. I BELIEVE this is the connector you are looking for .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Realy I can not find it.
Ducvet can you make picture on your traxter, the place where is?
My traxter is model 7494. Maybe this model has not diagnostic connector?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found it as you showed. Is this jumpe insade?
Thanks Ducvet.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am going to guess the answer is yes but you will be much better off asking a canam dealer to verify that jumper in the connector we have found will give you the results you seek without damaging the ecu. I would bet these were only using blink codes on these older machines so you will need to find a shop that worked on them back in the day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ok, Ducvet and thanks again.

I really love this machine.
This machine go where the new model ATV can not.
My friends ride with me and their new ATV give up on the hill.
Just problem with bombardier traxter 500 is hard to find parts for engine but engine is hight quality and I hope it will not break.
This is my traxter.

·
Registered
158 Posts
It appears you have a manual can you trace the wires in the schematic to verify those wires are correct?
Removing the connector will open the middle line and adding the jumper will connect the outer lines so the question becomes where do those lines go ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It appears you have a manual can you trace the wires in the schematic to verify those wires are correct?
Removing the connector will open the middle line and adding the jumper will connect the outer lines so the question becomes where do those lines go ?
In manual I have there is nothing about wires schematic. It is not exactly manual for my traxter. It is service manual 15.07mb. I can not find manual for my model 7494.
I can removing connector but do not know where outer lines go.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I believe you can buy a digital download from ebay. it should have wiring schematics in it and if you plan on keeping the machine it is worth the money. You could check with the mechanics at Ski & sea and get a verification that is the plug. ask the mechanics directly if possible as they are usually more willing to share info.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
... and if you plan on keeping the machine...
Dificult question, if I knew nothing would go wrong in the next 4 to 5 years I wouldn’t change. But I don't know how I would get some parts even if it breaks down tomorrow.
I am really really content with this machine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts