Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed power steering on a Traxter?

I’m running Camoplast tatou 4s tracks and I’m not as young
as I use to be. Hard pack is fine, but deep packie snow is taking
a toll on me.

Don’t want to buy a newer machine, they don’t build them as tough
as a Traxter.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Mark, welcome to the site

I'm sure you've found and are considering then, the universal kit from Super ATV?

Big concern I have is is your electrical system up to the increased draw?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mark, welcome to the site

I'm sure you've found and are considering then, the universal kit from Super ATV?

Big concern I have is is your electrical system up to the increased draw?
BombardierBomb,
Thanks for the welcome and response, was a member a few years ago but haven’t kept up.
Called Super ATV, there power steering technician is out because of Covid-19.
The power draw was one of my concerns, with the tracks a larger system would be best.
Have searched U-Tube for any information on installation, mostly UTV’s but a some ATV and one Polaris Install that was pretty decent.
If I had to sacrifice the front cargo box for room I would, just hoping some one has already been down this road, be nice to learn from someone who has been there and done that.
Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Unfortunately I just don't see a lot of Traxter/Quest traffic on this site, you may be breaking ground here, heh.

I don't know necessarily that a chat with their tech would be all that essential, the kit's fairly straightforward from what I've read- I've also considered it for my bike, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Reviews on their site show the kit installed on a go-kart, which I can't imagine having all that stout an electrical system, so I'm guessing from that angle you should be fine. I don't think you'd have to lose a whole lot of storage up front or whatever, the motor's pretty small, I'm sure you could sneak it in there amongst the other fab work.

Anyway, HTH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts