Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was invited to tug hill with some guys this year. Debating if I want to go or not. I like to ride/ explore / trails that would be found in a GNCC race or even slower and more technical.
Is there anything good over there or should I get my disappointment pants on and leave the BBK renegade home and take the kids Chinese 110cc ( Gas savings )

·
Registered
666 Posts
For the big atv rally they have every year? I had a buddy that went a couple years ago, said it was such a mess from the amount of snow, and the crowds, wasnt worth it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
For annual run no it's not worth the trip unless u like to idle the trails. It's a shit show like nick said. For a random weekend yes the trails are fun but not killer. Worth a day trip.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Roads? There's trails in upstate 2.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I know your not doing the snirt run heres a lil video from one of the guys we ride with up there. I't all in what you make of it really. I have fun cause Im riding.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
24 Posts
SNIRT this year should be quite differnet than the last 2 years, there is less snow on the trails currently than there was the past two years... heck 3 years ago it was a dusty dry warm day (2012 SNIRT run) '13 and '14 was a snowy mess full of towing and winching, but it is what you make of it. This year should (if temps hover as they are now) be a nice muddy run. Theres tons of miles of trails, some really awsome views and cool things to see like the gorge, the fields of wind turbines, great bars and food. There is very limited road riding, the only reason the past two years had some road riding durring SNIRT was due to the excessive amount of snow left on the trails. I have a camp up there and ride the trails all year long and ride my sled on them in the winter. if you want to look at local sno-cams for the area go here: NorthernChateau.com - Barnes Corners/Worth. New York - [email protected]@.com as this is how I best check the current status of the area. I mainly check Barnes Corners, Highmarket, and Worth, NY cam... looking at those 3 give you a good idea of what to expect, remember trails are harder packed through and watch the date on the cams, currently the Montague camera is broadcasting from weeks ago (not sure why its stuck like that)

·
Registered
815 Posts
We tried getting you to go last year!!!!! Just try it and see for your self. I went up 7 times last year and rode with 5 different groups. It was a new vacation each time. For your riding type, go with just a couple guys who ride similar as you do. I went with just one other guy and had one of the best times ever.

·
Registered
257 Posts
SNIRT this year should be quite differnet than the last 2 years, there is less snow on the trails currently than there was the past two years... heck 3 years ago it was a dusty dry warm day (2012 SNIRT run) '13 and '14 was a snowy mess full of towing and winching, but it is what you make of it. This year should (if temps hover as they are now) be a nice muddy run. Theres tons of miles of trails, some really awsome views and cool things to see like the gorge, the fields of wind turbines, great bars and food. There is very limited road riding, the only reason the past two years had some road riding durring SNIRT was due to the excessive amount of snow left on the trails. I have a camp up there and ride the trails all year long and ride my sled on them in the winter. if you want to look at local sno-cams for the area go here: NorthernChateau.com - Barnes Corners/Worth. New York - [email protected]@.com as this is how I best check the current status of the area. I mainly check Barnes Corners, Highmarket, and Worth, NY cam... looking at those 3 give you a good idea of what to expect, remember trails are harder packed through and watch the date on the cams, currently the Montague camera is broadcasting from weeks ago (not sure why its stuck like that)
Hey neighbor, B-ville here. Do you ride with a specific group?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tall Pines in Andover is a good day of riding. They have types of trails easy to the hard stuff and they have the mud holes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We also ride Majestic Trails in Rew PA, actually we are riding there tomorrow. Pa has many trails Denton Hill in the Allegany Park system we ride also. Atv Planet is a great web site to check out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Families bring their 2 wheel drive or the small kids Atv's and that's what slows the Snrit run down if there is too much snow/mud. Getting stuck everywhere and having to tow them out just does'nt appeal to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Families bring their 2 wheel drive or the small kids Atv's and that's what slows the Snrit run down if there is too much snow/mud. Getting stuck everywhere and having to tow them out just does'nt appeal to me.

Please rememebr the SNIRT run is designed to be an event for all, not just specific people. It is aimed toward friends and families having a good time. If getting stuck is an issue then why do you ride? before bashing people may only have those machines as options who are we to judge them, they just want to go out and try to have fun. Granted yes it may cause slow downs and getting stuck but if you didnt get stuck, dirty, and wet then why even attend the snirt run. Lets not be self focused and remember what the event is deigned for. I happened to tag along with a guy and his kid that I met last year on the trail and his kid was autistic and had a 2WD wheeler and we all got stuck so many times, but that was the best year I've had up there by far, and it made it even better to know that they were able to spend that time together and enjoy it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't take that as bashing, he was just pointing out it out.
Idk if I want to ride dirt roads from bar to bar. I might withdrawal my vacation and find someplace else to ride

1 - 20 of 25 Posts