Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had my tune monster sitting in a box in my closet for a few months. decided it was time to install it. PROBLEM I cant find the disc or serial to usb adapter. adapter is not a big deal. but what can I do about the disc part? can I down load it somewhere?

thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
U can download Tm software from the website but if u can't find your registration/license key u will have to call Steve and purchase another one. $75ish if I'm not mistaken

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sent Steve an email on the 11th . no response yet. I did find where I can buy it on the TM website. this sucks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Call Steve, he is great. If I recall when I installed my tune monster, I had to put all the hardware on then get him on the phone, and have him log into my laptop, while connected to the atv, to install the software. Then he did all the set up work for me, in 15-30 min, then later I just ran the auto tune had him look over several final data logs and we made some fine adjustments and that was it. months later we did some updating of the software for other mods and cold starts together cause I'm new at the tuning game and needed help. but you will need the serial to usb and have the driver loaded on you laptop for it, but I do think you need Steve to do the initial software loading.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Contacting Steve B at Monster Fuel Injection

Hey guys -
I have an order in with Steve for a tune monster that I placed on March 20th. Steve told me he was about a month behind when I placed it. I haven't gotten any info from him since apr 22nd so I have no clue if he shipped mine out yet. I sent a few emails in the past 2 weeks but haven't heard from him. He also rarely answers the phone nor returns voicemails. I guess he is uber-busy but he should have someone answering customer questions/concerns I would think...
If anyone hears from him in the next few days, shoot me a message on here.
I got a trip planned in 2 weeks I was hoping to get the FM installed by then - prob won't happen. Thanks everyone.

-Dean

·
Registered
151 Posts
Tune Munster Installed & waiting

I have just installed the Tune Monster w O2 sensor, fan & coil kits. Waiting for a response to my email. Last weekend finally had a good ride w no overheating or fuel vapor locking. Insulated the fuel lines from tank to injectors. Changed fuel filter, (51 psi pressure) Installed a large oil cooler w it's own fan, new rad, new fan w shroud, new T-stat, new rad cap, Looney toons exhaust w ceramic coating, header wrap. Extra tank heat reflector tape. Hoping the tune will richen the mix to reduce exhaust heat. Starting to run out of plastic side panel. I trim whatever melts.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey guys -

I have an order in with Steve for a tune monster that I placed on March 20th. Steve told me he was about a month behind when I placed it. I haven't gotten any info from him since apr 22nd so I have no clue if he shipped mine out yet. I sent a few emails in the past 2 weeks but haven't heard from him. He also rarely answers the phone nor returns voicemails. I guess he is uber-busy but he should have someone answering customer questions/concerns I would think...

If anyone hears from him in the next few days, shoot me a message on here.

I got a trip planned in 2 weeks I was hoping to get the FM installed by then - prob won't happen. Thanks everyone.

-Dean

A lot of these small ATV mod shops are having some serious growing pains. I've had the same issue with at least half a dozen potential vendors over the past 3 months. These guys need to figure out how to delegate and/or hire some staff. The axiom that it takes money to make money has merrit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rikter -
are you saying the overheating caused by the tune monster?? or you are using to tune monster to correct it?

I talked to Steve from Monster yesterday. He is finally catching up on orders and emails. He said he is having issues finding any good help up there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have my machine all set, love it no overheating. although it did discolor my hmf while tuning it. Steve was great at setting me up once we could find a time good for both of us. He answered all my dumb question. having the reverse lockout button disabled is great.

overall I am very happy with the purchase. as the old saying goes "good help is hard to find"

·
Registered
218 Posts
That's good to hear he's catching but it's bad that now I'm gonna be itching to get one.... There goes another grand lol

Stupid ATV is worth more than my car!

Have you done any engine mods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Installed SW By Steve @ Tune Monster

Steve called me back today & we went thru the initial install. It went Smoothly as I had already downloaded both the Tuner SW & the remote access SW. Minor starting issue, but once I ran it thru the 1st 15 min autotune, no problem. Nice to see the rad fan come on @ 180 degrees. This will keep temps down. I plan on doing the full 2 hr fine tune next week. I am very optimistic my plastics will be saved and I might even be able to ride w my skid mark shorts on!!!:th_smiliebanana2::th_smiliethumbsup:
So to reply to above: No Tune Monster didn't cause over heating. And no internal mods. just a Mr. RPM oil filter adaptor + a Derale oil cooler w fan. Looney Toons equal length header & lots of insulation around anything that has fuel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts