Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
even the dash display looks intimidating.

I got the Autotune to work better by custom programming my own 0-5v values into the LM-2 and the T/m ecu. I'm using my own 02 sensor setup (innovate LM-2) for the autotune tuning (worked well enough to get it up and running quickly)

also notice the temps. fan on at 180 and off at 170 makes this run MUCH cooler on my legs when dynoing. trail riding the heat is near 1/2 what it was.

max temp I saw while dynotuning was 188* this was over a 4 hour tuning session started at 9 pm and ended at 1am!

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Now you just need some cams!
I've been meaning to call you for weeks now. it only took me 2 months to get this tuner on my mahchine due to lack of time. I didn't want to have cams incase it complicated things when installing or setting up the initial tune.

I do have the old sprockets here that came in. and I got the tool and the crank stop plug. However I don't see how the older cam style could be used with this new cam install tool. you simply align the marks on the sprocket with the head like the 800. even reinstalling the 1000 cams. align the marks when you put back in the cap screws?? all this does is hold it straight while you put in the screws. my fingers could have done the same thing??

I also have a gt-17 and a gt-20 sitting here. I don't think it'd take much to plumb them in.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Just install cams with the old style gears, & you don't need the fancy BRP cam setting tool. You also don't need the crank holding bolt.

A GT-22 works great on an 800, a 1000 would most likely need a GT-25. GT-17 & 20 are both waaay too small, IMO.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Any help would be appreciated to read / enable the LM2 AFR values ​​on software Tune Monster.
I'm not sure of the color of the LM2 wire and TM for connect

(TM white wire & LM2 brown wire ???)

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Now are you doing a dual 02 sensor setup?

I can snap a pic of my wiring loom I made up. it's 1/2 tune monster, the other 1/2 is the lm-2 3 wires were needed if I remember right. + from the front, + from the rear, and ground signal gets tied together and I ran an extra wire and grounded it to the battery.

works perfectly. I see the same afr values on both the lm-2 and the tune monster screen.

I did also have to create a custom afr voltage setup in the tune monster. the one that is pre loaded on the T/M software is about .2 points off.

·
Registered
184 Posts
No dual O2 sensor setup for me.
An pics of your wiring connection would be very appreciated.

VFORCEJOHN ,Thank you for your help :th_smiliethumbsup:

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
mine is wired for dual 02. If you have a LM-2 why not use both channels??

How would you use the autotune correctly? make a general map for both cylinders off one cylinder? my dual cylinder mapping front to rear is quite different.

I'll see if I can get a pic tonight of the harness and upload it for you.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Reactions: 1 person

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts

here's how I have it setup. tune monster using LM-2 as the auto tune.

Tune MOnster has 3 wires from the universal harness. Blue. Brown. White

LM-2 has ALOT of wires, we will not use them all, just the following: (for dual cyl tune setup) Brown/white. Yellow. green. White.

Connect White LM-2 to White Tune Monster.

Connect Yellow and Green From LM-2 to Brown Tune Monster.

Connect Brown/white LM-2 to BLUE Tune Monster.

Now you will have to set up the settings in the Tune Monster. I'd have to get some screen shots to explain it and what values I used. but the values cal be found in the LM-2 manual. it covers the 0-5 volt setup for the a/f chart to follow. If this is not setup right. it'll be really blowing ???? but the meter will be telling the autotune it it's blowing a differnt value and messing up the chart.

Only way I knew this. is the LM-2 has a gauge on it that displays a/f ratio. and the tune monster values were different. Had I left it alone and tried to tune for the target a/f ratios, they would have been false targets. they were about .2 of a point off with the settings I seen in that came with the tune monster for the Innovate setups.

John

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thank you for the explanation John :th_smiliethumbsup:
Let me explain my setup , is different from yours.
I use one O2 sensor with LM-2.

---------------------

- Here is the schema for the LM-2 analog wire O2 sensor.
I connect LM-2 lime green (+) wire to white wire TM.
I connect LM-2 yellow (-) wire to engine ground.

- Here is the schema for the LM-2 wire 12 volts. (no use cigarette lighter socket)
I connect LM-2 red wire to battery
I connect LM-2 black wire to engine ground

- Calibrate AFR table selection to the software TM.

Clic "Write to controller" , expect 1 minute & turn key OFF for record/validation to ECM TM.
Turn key ON for restart software TM.
Check values synchronization LM-2 screen and software O2 gauge TM.

:thumbsmilie:

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Like I said. check those Calibrate AFR settings. the default settings were off compared to Tune monster and the actual LM-2 gauges itself using the supplied settings

I entered my custom values for the LM-2. you will find them in the LM-2 user manual. they were slightly different than the 0-5volt graph preloaded to the tune monster

as far as you being setup to 1 channel. just wire it using 1 sensor.

I have not used the tune monster in a single channel setup. I do split cylinder setups.

John

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
It's not as hard as it sounds.... That's why they are recomended for those that understand this type of tuning situations and the ability to figure out issues on your own that are not in the instructions (who reads them anyway) I call it common sense. It just comes easy to me I guess.

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
looks to me like a gt2252. internal wastegate model. about 700 bucks. Depends where you get it at. weld up the pipes yourself and get the correct tuner on it.

they need no water line. just a oil line and drain back.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts