Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m looking at purchasing the RJWC tuner for my 2021 1000r xmr will I also need to get a PV3 to rid myself of the 65mph speed gov or can I just buy the PV3 and not buy the tuner? Will PV3 tune the fuel air mix/lean issue? I’m guessing I’ll need both. Lastly I guess this will void warranty as well, any help here would be great thanks!
185EE884-CF10-4F38-A9ED-6F4AA77F32E6.jpeg F6466DBF-2617-4A6A-AA5A-DE04C1FEF47D.jpeg

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I’m looking at purchasing the RJWC tuner for my 2021 1000r xmr will I also need to get a PV3 to rid myself of the 65mph speed gov or can I just buy the PV3 and not buy the tuner? Will PV3 tune the fuel air mix/lean issue? I’m guessing I’ll need both. Lastly I guess this will void warranty as well, any help here would be great thanks!
View attachment 102044 View attachment 102045
Following, looking into an exhaust as well and have the same question.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'd recommend a reflash. It will correct the AFR, remove governors, help bike run cooler, etc. I got mine flashed by Ray Parker for $99. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Stay away from the rjwc blinky box all it does is fool the computer into doing things.. Just get the PV3 from dynojet it comes with tunes that will fix the lean issue, lower fan temps and get rid of the limiters and such. Or you can get it from a vender like motorsport addict's that have dyno tested tunes for it. With the PV3 you are not without your machine while you send it out for tune, if you do some mods you can just update the tune, if you want you can remove the tune before sending to dealer for work... Tuning will not void warranty unless they can prove 100% it was the tune that caused the issue

·
Registered
17 Posts
Stay away from the rjwc blinky box all it does is fool the computer into doing things.. Just get the PV3 from dynojet it comes with tunes that will fix the lean issue, lower fan temps and get rid of the limiters and such. Or you can get it from a vender like motorsport addict's that have dyno tested tunes for it. With the PV3 you are not without your machine while you send it out for tune, if you do some mods you can just update the tune, if you want you can remove the tune before sending to dealer for work... Tuning will not void warranty unless they can prove 100% it was the tune that caused the issue
ahhh okay that makes alot more sense! So if I get the PV3 do I still need to send it to a tuner? Because I can't understand if you still need to send a tuner after the PV3?

Another question! Sorry for the questions :) What is the difference with dynojet PV3 and power commander?

·
Registered
2021 renegade xmr 1000
24 Posts
The power vision 3 is just a little "tuner"or handheld computer if that makes more sense, and that has the tune files loaded on it like a hard drive. You can download different tunes, and use their software to view said tune.
IMG_20210408_145754198.jpg IMG_20210408_145759061.jpg

(Slightly on topic but can you modify your loaded tunes with dynojet software for the pv3?)

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you aren't going to do a lot of other mods I'd recommend the flash. It's cheap and easy. My bikes was down for a week. that's it.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The power vision 3 is just a little "tuner"or handheld computer if that makes more sense, and that has the tune files loaded on it like a hard drive. You can download different tunes, and use their software to view said tune.
View attachment 102058 View attachment 102059

(Slightly on topic but can you modify your loaded tunes with dynojet software for the pv3?)
Depends if the tunes are locked or not.. It will tell you when you go in to the tune if its locked or not as it will ask for a Pass

·
Registered
2019 Outlander Max xt ,elka stage 3 .HMF Titan QS .CVTech,
28 Posts
also with a PV3 you can add another atv to be unlocked & tuned for 200.00 Canadian
about 70.00 American

·
Registered
2021 renegade xmr 1000
24 Posts
Took the bike out with the dual empires and new pv3 tune (just their hmf full exhaust tune) works great. Pipes are loud, but really do sound awesome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ordered the Dynojet POWER VISION 3 for my 1000r xmr I will update this thread with the details and what I discovered after I get it. Thanks again for all the input and comments they are appreciated!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts