Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall, went to install my ejk tuner in the pelican case today, snipped the wires, ran them through the case and went to solder the wires back together, started with the red one which is first on the controller, both sides of the wire got really warm, more so the side of the wire running to the injector connector, wire running to the controller got a lil warm to, i stopped that process real fast and just crimped the wires instead, now numbers 6 and 7 dont light up, number 1 is a solid blinking green at times, and other times it dims out an flickers, along with number 2, at one point my shut my bike shut off by itself and then all the numbers lit up red, including 6 and 7. Im freaking out hopping i didnt fry anything on the injector or my bike, or if it just fried the controller somehow? i need some peace of mind please? 2014 can-am outlander 650, Thanks :sad:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Year it off and see if it runs fine without it. Should give you your answer. Just simple soldering shouldn't have hurt anything unless by chance you hooked something up wrong by chance. What did you solder with butane or a soldering iron?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Year it off and see if it runs fine without it. Should give you your answer. Just simple soldering shouldn't have hurt anything unless by chance you hooked something up wrong by chance. What did you solder with butane or a soldering iron?
i havnt taken it for a ride yet i jus got so scared i took the tuner off and reved it up in nuetral a couple times to see if i could hear anything out of the ordinary, and i just used a soldering iron, ive never had anything like this happen before

·
Registered
578 Posts
Stupid iphone tying,lol. I see I had a y instead of a T.

Seems a bit odd allright. If the quad runs good without the tuner I wouldn't worry to much about the quad intself. Now if somethings not quite right in the tuner that could be a different story. I have zero experience with the actual tuners so I can't off much advice on that part. I find it a little strange though that a soldering iron would get hot enough to hurt anything. I'm assuing you were splicing wires together and not soldering inside the tuner. Maybe one of your connections isn't real good? Not sure what else to say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts