Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not up on performance mods,but what would the advantage be to adding a tuner to a stock 2016 Outlander 650xt? Then on the other hand the disadvantages? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
like GP said, helps bike run smoother and cooler. Only disadvantage is your wallet is lighter by about 400 bucks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just installed a Bomracing tuner yesterday. I haven't had it on the trail yet or run it long enough to report back on it. One thing I did notice was the crazy quick throttle response.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I run a Bom tuner as well. The sell for around $225, and make a world of difference in engine heat, as well as more power/throttle response

·
Registered
206 Posts
I run a Bom tuner as well. The sell for around $225, and make a world of difference in engine heat, as well as more power/throttle response
On a stock bike?
FYI, Dobeck performance builds these fuel tuners . Other companies have Dobeck build them, then they put their name and price on them.
I had a Dobeck EJK on my fuel injected Harley. Yes, it works just like they claim.
I will be getting one as soon as my warranty is up. I will get mine right from Dobeck, they have done extensive testing and provide support.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
Power commander 5 all the way. Have one on my 1000r. No more hot leg better fuel mileage better throttle response, and a definite notice in the seat of the pants feeling.

Have an appointment next week to have the bike dyno’d With a custom tune built.

Right now running the dynojet tune supplied for the bike from their website with Yoshimura exhaust

·
Registered
206 Posts
Power commander 5 all the way. Have one on my 1000r. No more hot leg better fuel mileage better throttle response, and a definite notice in the seat of the pants feeling.

Right now running the dynojet tune supplied for the bike from their website with Yoshimura exhaust
The power commander is a great product for an engine that has been modified. It has to be custom tuned for optimal performance.
The Dobeck EJK will add fuel based on engine load. Very simple, no tune needed. It works best on a stock or stage 1 machine. The newer engines run too lean on fuel, they have to for emissions.

·
Registered
410 Posts

The power commander is a great product for an engine that has been modified. It has to be custom tuned for optimal performance.
The Dobeck EJK will add fuel based on engine load. Very simple, no tune needed. It works best on a stock or stage 1 machine. The newer engines run too lean on fuel, they have to for emissions.

I had one of those blinky boxes on my 650. It did nothing.
I watched my buddy place one on his sportsman 1000 a month ago. It did nothing.

Getting rid of the hot left leg alone is worth the extra 100 bucks for the power commander over those little blinky tuners.
The best place for them is in the garbage can

·
Registered
206 Posts

I had one of those blinky boxes on my 650. It did nothing.
I watched my buddy place one on his sportsman 1000 a month ago. It did nothing.

Getting rid of the hot left leg alone is worth the extra 100 bucks for the power commander over a those little blinky tuners
Guys on here are running HMF and Bomracing tuners, made by Dobeck. Same box different sticker.
Hey, for all users of these tuners, chime in and let us know if it works for you.
What ever tuner you are using, let's hear your experience.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
it will get you air to fuel ratio correct and the bike will run cooler. I offer different ones give me a call if i can help you out.
You sell different types and makes of tuners.Let us know your experience with these modules. Thanks.

The blinky box, gp tuner, dobeck, bom tuner....... all are the same case. Whats inside is the difference such as nitrous hookups, idle tables, different fuel parameters, whatever I want to put in that controller I can do. I have the software to change and modify anything in that box.

I recommend the blinky box for guys with close to stock machines(intake, exhaust, my 54mm throttle bodies..) things like that.

BUT NOW I RECOMMEND THE ECM FLASH I DO. Cleaner with no other wires and completely customizable as you can see here on my website. ECM FLASH

Highly modified machines I go with a PCV more precise tuning and timing advance.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm keeping my machine stock. Just want to add a little more fuel.
These new machines run so lean, they stumble and sputter until they are warm. The little box with the whomever sticker on will help a lot.

·
Registered
410 Posts
These new machines run so lean, they stumble and sputter until they are warm. The little box with the whomever sticker on will help a lot.

PC5 with the base tune from dynojet will be miles above what the blinky box will offer.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts

The ECM flash is going to give you more power and and correct fueling all in one blow. I can change ANYTHING in the ecm. This isnt a basic flash. It is tailored to your wants and needs. You can find information on My flashes here.. ECM FLASHING

·
Registered
206 Posts

PC5 with the base tune from dynojet will be miles above what the blinky box will offer.
I have a few months before my warranty is up. I will look into the PC 5. I just want something I can adjust my self. I don't want to take it in to get tuned.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts

I have a few months before my warranty is up. I will look into the PC 5. I just want something I can adjust my self. I don't want to take it in to get tuned.

I offer PCV controllers with custom tunes in them also... give me a call tomorrow if you like and we can discuss your setup to get you hooked up with the right program for your application.

·
Registered
1 Posts

How much horse power did you gain after the yoshimura exhaust and the dynojet tuner ?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am not up on performance mods,but what would the advantage be to adding a tuner to a stock 2016 Outlander 650xt? Then on the other hand the disadvantages? Thanks in advance.
My previous experience with a Dynojet PV3 style tuner was so positive that I would recommend it over anything else. It gives you full autonomy and flexibility.
Worth every penny.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts