Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with running the new turbo Maverick in the mud and deep water? I'm looking to upgrade from my Commander but want to make sure it's the right choice for me. Also want to make sure it can be snorkeled with no mechanical issues. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The turbo compressor needs a lot of "CLEAN" air.
so... my opinion is they are not meant for the mud and deep waters.
more for trail riding, woods roads and hitting the dunes I figure.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Osta is having a turbo Maverick built for him, I think we all know where that'll spend most of it's time... Lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
Osta is having a turbo Maverick built for him, I think we all know where that'll spend most of it's time... Lol
In the shop being repaired!!! lol
Yeah i think its going to be a bad ass build. But im thinking the reliability of the machine isnt going to be there. I could also be wrong a few of the guys he runs with run turbos on there quads. Im not sure if the set up on a quad is different then the SxS. I wouldnt think so though.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The intake air to the compressor will still be filtered after a snorkel. If a snorkel company was smart they would create a low point with a drain before the air box.

Also, Remember you inter cooler will not like to be packed with mud and you will either
A) make sure its clean
B) Fab up a IC sprayer that you could use at the push of a button.

·
Registered
134 Posts
you will be absolutely fine with it going in the mud .... people are already mud racing the new Mav Turbos with 0 issues ... its a sealed unit theres nothing thats going to get in... it will probably be abit of a chore to snorkel the CVT seeing as there is 5 hoses on the CVT that need to be snorkeled but its nothing someone cant figure out... osta's build they found a way to snorkel it so its easily possible, the intercooler is already up on on the side by side there's no way yours gonna get it underneath mud ... maybe water but not mud .... i wouldnt shy away from them there so sweet and you can make it do exactly what you want it too.... plus with simple reflashes you can add from 20 to 28 RWHP on these things with only 12 Lb of boost check out CT race Worx Evo XDS Turbo Reflash at CT Race Worx

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
No offense...but I couldn't help but scratch my head about your comment. I must ask... what engine does like dirty air?

There is NO difference in the air quality requirement for a turbo engine vs. a naturally aspirated engine......aside from the fact that is uses MORE! Last time I looked, ALL of these machines had air filters on them....so I think we're good to go!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
How many mud racing trucks and bikes do you see that are turbo charged??
That are winning races?

???

Very few...
I can honestly say I have NO IDEA!! But only because I pay zero attention to mud racing, and could really care less who is running what.....means nothing to me when it comes time to ride...

Just because everyone inst running a turbo doesn't mean you cant do it! The Mav Turbo just came out what.......6-7 months ago? Give it a little time.....Guarantee the racers will be running them without a doubt. Maybe not all......but some will surely be running them.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
The turbo mav in your pic..... is being pushed......lol

·
Registered
250 Posts
That are winning races?

???

Very few...
I can honestly say I have NO IDEA!! But only because I pay zero attention to mud racing, and could really care less who is running what.....means nothing to me when it comes time to ride...

Just because everyone inst running a turbo doesn't mean you cant do it! The Mav Turbo just came out what.......6-7 months ago? Give it a little time.....Guarantee the racers will be running them without a doubt. Maybe not all......but some will surely be running them.
I have NO problems at all with a turbo Maverick.

I absolutely love forced induction. I work with turbos and compressors.

The OP's thread was about the turbo in mud and deep water.
I think it is wasted in mud and water.

Im not going to go through the whole ins and outs of forced induction with you...

buy a book. its a good read.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
That are winning races?

???

Very few...

I have NO problems at all with a turbo Maverick.

I absolutely love forced induction. I work with turbos and compressors.

The OP's thread was about the turbo in mud and deep water.
I think it is wasted in mud and water.

Im not going to go through the whole ins and outs of forced induction with you...

buy a book. its a good read.
Ive dealt with them for years.....no book needed. Its basic knowledge.....not rocket science.

OP wanted to know if it was OK in mud/water.....and the answer is YES!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts