Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got behind another side by side the other day and saw he flipped a turn signal on before turning onto another road. I thought to myself...man that was cool! :) Might need to add that to my wish list!

Got home and began researching. Appears there are a few kits available for the Defender. Pretty pricey tho.

Anyone install one? Or a DIY version?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This one looked interesting, the mfg. has a good reputation.

Yeah, that’s one of many I’ve looked at. eBay and Amazon have tons of universal kits at reasonable prices, but a lot of those kits look “cheap” to me. If I pull the trigger, I think I’ll buy one that is plug and play and specifically built for the Can Am Defender. Much more expensive, but the quality of the components, along with a cleaner look, really stands out.

I guess a person could buy all the parts ala carte and probably be under $100, but install will require more work. Im a busy guy, so I’m ok knowing I’ll be paying more. lol :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, completely forgot to update this thread. Anyways, ended up going with the Corbin Custom Works plug and play with Hazard switch. Very we’ll made and everything matched up perfect. The switches match the OEM both in style and illuminated color. Took me about 4 hours as I tend to go slow.

It does come with a lead for a lighted license plate. Just pull it out, connect an extension to your license plate and you’re set. Works great!
84C7070F-8D0D-4B1D-847C-6871D5E98C4D.jpeg

E9FEAA79-523C-45BE-8A85-04323DAEDEF4.jpeg

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nice setup. I like that the toggle switches match oem.... Is the turn signal switch a momentary switch that you hold for the direction and then release to go back to neutral position? Or is it a 3 position switch?

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Motorists have forgotten what that spiny little thing sticking out of their steering column is for , why should a trail machine need one 😁

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice setup. I like that the toggle switches match oem.... Is the turn signal switch a momentary switch that you hold for the direction and then release to go back to neutral position? Or is it a 3 position switch?
It’s a 3 position. There’s no “clicking“ noise like our vehicles, but the switch does flash when engaged.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Motorists have forgotten what that spiny little thing sticking out of their steering column is for , why should a trail machine need one 😁
Because I don’t want to use arm signals when driving in town....lol.... 😎

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey AZ8 are we required to have turn signals in az or mirrors for that matter for the street?
Lived here all my life and never really gave it much thought because I have always been off-road, but live in Overgaard not sure what I need for running to the store...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, turn signal is not required. To be street legal, you need to add a rear view mirror, horn and license plate with light. Everything else, you already have on your machine. You‘ll need to register it and purchase an OHV decal($25).

·
Registered
223 Posts
I believe they are using the Corbin kit......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts