Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My main goal is to widen the overall width of my 2012 Outlander 800 XT by at least 3" to 4". My secondary goals is to get a better mud tire than the stock tire.

For those of you that have upgraded your wheels & tires, I'd like to know if your setup has increased the overall width and if so, how much?

If you could let me know what combination of wheels (Brand, diameter etc.{please include offset if known}) and tires (Brand, size, etc) you chose so I can make a more informed choice I'd really appreciate it!

Currently I'm considering ITP Mega Mayhems 27x9x12 (front) and 27x11x12 (rear). I currently have no clue which wheel to mount them on since I'm not sure of the amount of offset I'll need.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Welcome to the group.

Pretty much any aftermarket rim will give you an extra 2" width right off the bat. if you want more you will probably need spacers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Styk, I've already found lots of good advice here from several members. I figured it was time to join and start contributing when I can.

I've read a lot here as well as reasearched various tire and wheel manufacturers to see what they offer. I found a ton of variables to consider. The biggest obstacle for me is determining which offset to choose when moving from a stock wheel to an aftermarket wheel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Stock rims are offset 6+1 (inside+outside), is this correct? And most aftermarket rims start out at 5+2? Am I on target here? Thanks

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Yuppers.

Reactions: stal87
1 - 5 of 5 Posts