Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From hearing about all the great reviews on the VFJ primary teamed up with the STM secondary, I've been thinking about doing the upgrade for my Outty 800XT, that should help out with the 28" mega mayhems I have on order.

So I've put about 500 miles on this winter while I had on a set of Camoplast tracks, I think I might have over heated my belt while pulling a snow drag in high ranch, the CVT cover was very hot to the touch and now my belt gives off a little chirp every time I take off.

So I guess I'm looking to hear back form the people that have the VFJ and STM clutches and tracks to see how this clutch set up handles the extra load of the tracks compared to the stock clutches.

I was thinking about e-mailing VFJ directly, but I know how busy he is, or maybe he'll find this post.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Email him he will get right back to you, or give him a call. Great customer service

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I love it with tracks. The belt doesn't squeal at all.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
It is way better for tracks than stock. DrZ and I have put a lot of miles on ours on tracks. It performs flawlessly.

Make sure you tune it for tires. There is no need too re-tune it for tracks.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So once I get is set up on how I like it for tires, I shouldn't have to re-set it up for tracks? With tracks, do you run in high range a lot, do you notice if your CVT gets hot?

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Your CVT will get hot but not as much as the stock clutch. On tracks I run in high 90% of the time. It is a lot harder to burn the belt with the VFJ/Team clutch. The belt pinch is phenomenal. As far as pulling a snow drag the VFJ/Team should do way better. Running in high or low range is a judgement call if the cvt is getting really hot then run in low range. But stop once and a while and revit in Netral to help blow that heat out of the CVT.

If you get the VFJ/Team -STM combo you will not regret it. Just make sure you learn how to tune it. There is no need too re-tune it for tracks.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good, I'll have to see how much tax money I have left;) I'm learning to use low range more often with the tracks installed. I usually listen to how much the engine grunts to determine when to switch it to low range, but the 800 seems to handle the tracks in high range no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts