Can-Am ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi, I have a 2013 outlander 650.

I've just installed 26.5 pit bull growlers and am looking at regaining my lost power, what exactly should I order. Also maybe twice a month I pull a 12' aluminium boat to go fishing in remote lakes, I usually stay in low because of all the hills and rocky terrain so should I consider this when choosing something?

Also I've read that clutch kits are more of a "band aid" solution and that it's better to buy a complete clutch. Do you offer these "complete clutches"?

Thanks for your time,
Sylvain

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Complete clutches should be ready around Thanksgiving time.

We're heading out to Hatfield McCoy today with renegades, mavericks, outlanders, commanders to do a weeks worth of clutch testing and tuning on the new replacement units.

as for bolt in weight kits for the 650, I don't have the light weight fly arms ready yet. you have 31 gram arms stock, mine only go down to 34.5 gram on the kits I offer now. but I should have the 500-650 setups ready sometime before winter. they will be adjustable 29 gram to 39 gram.

I'll tell you now. the weight kits aren't really comparable to the replacement units, the difference in the low end is 10x as hard hitting on the replacement units. But that comes at a cost 200.00 for the weight kit (which works great) or 600-700 for replacement unit (which works amazing!!)

http://www.can-amforum.com/forums/interstate-motorsports/45884-new-vfj-full-replacment-can-am-clutches.html

John

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

Found a hookup for some bolts. I know it's a pain in the ass to find one of these when you need it. So now I'll be including the SECONDARY SHEAVE SPREADER BOLT With all kits. (this is the bolt that spreads the secondary apart to remove the belt)

FREE!!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
After smoking my second belt this morn i think its time for a clutch kit.. i dont know much of anything about how to set it up but am interested in the one above from vfj. Would i also need to replace the primary spring and what color if so? Im looking to stop wrecking belts, obviously some better bite on the belt and be able to get the front end up for the deeper holes. Has anyone tried the vfj kit? Tia..

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have VFJ kit and it works great. Give him a call with the info about your bike and he will set it up for you. Great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Spoke with john this morn and he said his kit wont work for the 650':sad:s. Only 800 and 1000. Said the best bet is the full primary swap. Time to start saving...

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
650 weights are too light. 31 gram stock. mine only go to 34 gram. You';d need something 28-35 gram adjustable to make any difference.

I have a 25.00 spring that will help just as good as any bolt in spring and weight kit for the 650's

·
Registered
647 Posts
650 weights are too light. 31 gram stock. mine only go to 34 gram. You';d need something 28-35 gram adjustable to make any difference.

I have a 25.00 spring that will help just as good as any bolt in spring and weight kit for the 650's
Maybe that'll scratch my itch for now till the primary is available. Prob be calling ya back sooner than later. Thanks again for your time! Cant say i know anyone who calls back a missed call that didnt leave a message.

·
Registered
111 Posts
John, When will you have the 650 kits with the lower gram weights available? its no hurry really I was just curious.

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
John, When will you have the 650 kits with the lower gram weights available? its no hurry really I was just curious.

I haven't even started on those. Just so much on my plate. Next I'm waiting and waiting on the complete replacement units of these 500-1000cc machines.

I have just finished up the new 2014 teryx 800cc weights. Next we're going on to the xp1000 clutches soon as the unit arrives. Plus I'm waiting on the 2013.5 Arctic cat wildcat weight setups to get completed at the same time.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hey John my dad just bought a xp 1000 over the weekend and the thing is pretty amazing. I have always heard(whether its true or not idk) that polaris clutches are pretty good, do you feel that a replacement clutch will make a significant difference on the xp like it does on can am's?

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
we are waiting on our XP1000 as well. we have the black and orange 1000 coming in. Just waiting on Pocono power sports to get it here!! Pipes and tuner are ready to go.

As far as clutching, seems they are setup pretty good. 29.5 inch tires, 82 mph!! But never driving or seeing one, I can't say honestly.

we'll see what we can do with it. Time will tell.

·
Registered
372 Posts
To be completely honest with you man it is by a long shot the nicest sxs I have ever driven. It pulls great all the way through and drives like a Cadillac! It is our first Polaris ever to own but I cant even put into words how impressed I am!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hate to say it being I've had several can ams but to me the maverick isn't even close to being as nice as the xp1k. I enjoyed driving the maverick but doesn't even compare to the xp.

·
Registered
635 Posts
The 1000 is certainly nice, buts its way too big for trails around here. Need a standard rzr800 or maverick XXC.

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I used to race the AGP series races a few years ago when they were running and have ridden a lot of Jersey. it's not that hard on the bike like up my way is, but killer on the legs and back with those whoops and sand. Some places those pines get a little tight and a std rzr would be about the only utv I'd say would go thru there.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I used to race the AGP series races a few years ago when they were running and have ridden a lot of Jersey. it's not that hard on the bike like up my way is, but killer on the legs and back with those whoops and sand. Some places those pines get a little tight and a std rzr would be about the only utv I'd say would go thru there.
Where I ride in north nj, just a eyeshot from the NY border, is pretty tight technical, rocky and extremely tight trails. Very similar to stuff out on the side trails at SSRT. Very rocky. Here's a vid I made a few years ago on some of the trails. Should make vids again.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Anybody have one on a 1000 with 30 inch backs?

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
About this Discussion
65 Replies
24 Participants
bcorum
Can-Am ATV Forum
Can-Am Forum features the most comprehensive collection of Can-Am ATV information! Renegade, Outlander & MX, DS450 and more!
Full Forum Listing